Five - ご

The next morning, the two awoke to Senjuro and Y/N's crow. They were both squawking loudly right outside the entrance to the room. Y/N was the first to wake up, since her hearing was beyond even Zenitsu's. She screamed internally while in Kyojuro's warm embrace. She tried getting up, but she couldn't escape the Hashira's grasp, so Y/N shook him awake.

"Huh? Who... why..." Kyojuro mumbled. Senjuro grabbed his brother's arm and pulled him up.

"Onii-chan! Your girlfriend's crow said that you two have a mission on the Mugen Train!"

"Senjuro-kun, she's not my girlfriend..." Kyojuro said, half-asleep. His little brother was so surprised that he fell backwards onto the tatami mats.

"Then why were you guys sleeping together? I don't get it!" he said, confused.

Umi got up from under Kyojuro's cloak and yawned. "It's because I was cold. Now, let's go. We have no time to waste. If they're going to send two Hashira, it might as well be yet another Twelve Kizuki. But they should give breaks more often..."

The two Hashira got prepared for their mission on the Mugen Train. During the day, they got supplies from Shinobu's mansion and other things from the city. The two went to a little bento shop and overheard a little of the owners' conversation.

"Hello! I would like to buy all of your bento stock!" the Flame Hashira said. Y/N watched as he held two full bags of stacked bento boxes, one in each hand.

"Kyojuro-kun! Why do you need so much bento?" she asked. He only laughed and made his way to the train station, where the two Hashira were to get the status of the Mugen Train.

"Are you sure you don't want me to carry one?" Y/N offered, grabbing one full bag from Kyojuro's hands.

"No, no. I'm fine," Kyojuro insisted, pulling the bag away from her.

"Give me a bag."

"Oh, would you look at that? Here already. Now, I have no need to carry the bags, and I will place them on the floor. Now, you don't have to carry one bag. Okay?"

"Well, okay. Whatever you say, Kyojuro-kun!" Y/N beamed. He didn't have a response to that, sadly.

The two Hashira shared the bento with the train workers in the station, only to find a demon incident there. Kyojuro was taking a bento box up to the boss, but when he came back downstairs, his sword was unsheathed. Y/N grabbed her sword hilt, and just in time, too. A demon with glowing blue patterns on his body appeared in the darkness. His eyes were black with yellow pupils, and he was fast. Y/N and Kyojuro dashed towards the demon, hoping to make his death quick and easy. The demon quickly jumped backwards, evading both Hashiras' attacks. Y/N sighed.

"Please, demon, please just die already, I'll make it painless, okay? We just need to get to our mission to-"

"Kill more demons. So, no," the demon replied with a raspy voice. Kyojuro inhaled deeply, and sped his way towards the demon, cutting off his head. Y/N gave a thumbs-up to the disintegrating head and caught up to the bolting Kyojuro.

"Kyojuro, where are you going?" Umi asked, wondering why he was running so fast.

"We're catching up to the Mugen Train. Look, there it is." 

Sure enough, the train was right in front of them. Kyojuro hopped up onto the back car, and grabbed Y/N's hand to pull her up.

"Did you bring the bento?" Y/N asked.

"Well, of course!" Kyojuro opened his flame-patterned cloak to reveal a whole other stack of bento for the train.

"Perfect!"

They found a seat in the middle-ish of the train and started eating.

"UMAI!"

Y/N heard a faint recognizable noise coming from behind them.

"No, you'll know them when you see them, I'm telling you! I remember his scent, and I already know her personally!"

"Kyojuro-kun, look. It's Tanjiro-kun," Y/N said to him.

"UMAI!" he said in response, devouring one bento box after another. Y/N laughed. Tanjiro, along with Zenitsu and Inosuke, approached them from behind with confused faces.

"These are Hashiras? Are you sure?" Zenitsu whispered to Tanjiro, who could say nothing. He only stared at Kyojuro saying, "UMAI!"

"Hello, Tanjiro-kun, why are you here? I thought Oyakata-sama only assigned us two. Dangit, you three ruined my plan," Y/N pouted, reaching for another bento box.

"...What plan?" he asked curiously.

"Don't worry about it."

"Kamado-shonen! Take a seat! Have a bento!" Kyojuro said loudly. All of the other passengers turned to look at him. The Demon Slayers were so colorful compared to everyone else.

"Alright," Tanjiro said nervously, taking a seat behind the two Hashira. Kyojuro handed him a bento box.

"Hey, Rengoku-san, I have a question. So, my family did this 'Hinokami Kagura' dance every New Years, and when I used the Kagura dance in my sword moves, it was like fire. Do you know anything about that? I figured I would ask you, since you're the Flame Hashira after all."

"Nope! I know nothing!"

Tanjiro stared at him open-mouthed. 

"So I came here for nothing?" he asked with a look of defeat. Y/N shook her head vigorously.

"Well, you could always help us on our mission? I guess?" she said, looking back at Kyojuro with shining eyes.

"That's not a suggestion, is it? It's an order."

"Yep! You're stuck with us now, Tanjiro-kun!"

"That's nice."

"UMAI!" Kyojuro suddenly said, looking at Tanjiro with a warning glare in his eyes. Tanjiro tilted his head. He couldn't place the scent coming from the Flame Hashira.

Y/N squeaked, surprised by the loud voice beside her. Kyojuro smiled widely and handed her another bento box. Y/N was about to take it, but then she dropped it. She heard a sound coming from in front of her. She turned away from Tanjiro and heard the echoes bouncing off a large shape at the head of the train car. Y/N stood up and drew her sword. Tanjiro smelled the air and detected the faint but familiar demon scent. Each Demon Slayer started to notice the presence of the demon.

"Everyone, please don't mind the sword. I'm here to protect you," Y/N said calmly, nudging Kyojuro. He finished eating and put down his chopsticks.

"Hm... I'm still hungry..." he complained.

He stood up and drew his sword. The demon appeared, but before it could react, the two Hashira sliced its head off. The beautiful sound from Y/N's blade combined with the hot, glowing fire from Kyojuro's blade made for quite a spectacle. The three lower-ranking Demon Slayers watched in awe. The passengers looked up and in their eyes, it was almost like Kyojuro and Y/N were glowing in the dim light of the train. They both sheathed their swords and walked back to their seats.

Kyojuro grabbed another bento box and started eating again. Y/N handed one to each of the Demon Slayers. Once they were done eating and discussing things, the conductor came by and asked to punch their tickets. Kyojuro told Tanjiro, Zenitsu, and Inosuke that they needed their tickets. Once all the tickets were punched, the Demon Slayers, along with all the other passengers, were asleep. Y/N rested on Kyojuro's shoulder, while Inosuke lay on the legs of Zenitsu. Tanjiro slept leaning on Nezuko's box behind the two Hashira. They were all dreaming peacefully. Little did they know, there was a demon at work.