Seventeen - じゅうなな

"UMAI!" Kyojuro laughed, picking up another piece of sweet potato with his chopsticks. Y/N approached him.

"Kyojuro-kun, what are you doing?" she asked, watching him eat happily.

"Sorry, Y/N-chan, I was craving sweet potatoes and I couldn't resist myself! They reminded me of you!" he said, taking another bite. She blushed lightly.

"N-Now's not the time to eat! Uzui–san and Tanjiro-kun are fighting Upper Rank Six!" she yelled at him. Kyojuro put down his chopsticks.

"Well, please excuse me for being so ignorant of my surroundings! I was so distracted! Where are they right now?" Kyojuro asked. Y/N pointed in the direction of the explosion sounds created by Tengen. Kyojuro nodded, and quickly finished his sweet potatoes.

"Alright, let's go!" he exclaimed with a full mouth. Y/N chuckled. The two Hashira sped towards the ongoing battle.

Somehow, Tengen and Gyutaro managed to take the battle outside. Y/N spotted Hinatsuru on a rooftop, shooting her wisteria-poisoned kunai at the demon.

"Hina-chan! You're going to run out of kunai!" she yelled at the kunoichi. Hinatsuru shook her head and shot another volley of poisonous kunai.

"Heh, heh, heh... wisteria won't shake me!" Gyutaro yelled. "Rotating Circular Slashes, Flying Blood Sickles!"

His two sickles came flying at Tengen, who blocked it with a form.

"Sound Breathing, Fourth Form- Constant Resounding Slashes!" he yelled in response to the attack. His two swords slashed over and over again, closing the distance between him and Gyutaro. Dust and debris cover the entire area, making it so Y/N couldn't see what was happening. Something moved within the dust, and she heard a gripping sound. The dust cleared, and Gyutaro had his hand in Hinatsuru's jaw. Y/N immediately dashed up to the roof and unleashed a technique.

"Music Breathing, Second Form- Grand Staff!" she shouted, slicing the demon's arm multiple times. Hinatsuru fell to the ground, gasping for air. Y/N helped her up.

"Hina-chan, you have to run! You can't stay here!" she instructed her.

"Okay... good luck, Y/N-chan!' she replied, and jumped off the roof, away from the battle. Kyojuro landed next to Y/N.

"You're Upper Rank Six? Well, if I could survive Upper Rank Three, I'll be sure to survive you!" he said enthusiastically to Gyutaro, who sneered.

"You survived Akaza? No way he got killed by some pathetic Flame user like you..." he grumbled. Y/N looked around, trying to find Tanjiro, but he was nowhere to be seen.

"He's fighting the other demon with the other two, Y/N-chan," Kyojuro told her. It's like he could read her mind.

"Oh," Y/N said.

"Don't worry, we'll be fine together!" he said loudly, and drew his sword.

"Ugh, I hate couples..." the demon hissed. Y/N snickered, and hugged Kyojuro. Gyutaro looked away, disgusted.

"Oh, I love you so much, Kyojuro-kun! I would die for you!" Y/N cried. The demon gagged, dropping one of his sickles.

"Thank you, Y/N-chan! I love you too!" Kyojuro replied happily, hugging her back. At this point, Gyutaro was ready to fling himself off the roof. The two Hashira burst out laughing. Tengen watched them, confused.

""Hey! What are you doing, lovebirds? Why don't you actually fight?" Tengen called from below.

"At least what we were doing was effective!" Y/N called back, teasing him. She let go of Kyojuro and inhaled deeply.

"Music Breathing, Eighth Form- Fortepiano, Sforzando!" she shouted, and unleashed a flurry of attacks. Gyutaro couldn't see what she was doing. In the midst of her attack, Kyojuro distanced himself from the demon.

"Flame Breathing, Fourth Form- Blooming Flame Undulation!" he yelled, and brought down his sword in one powerful strike. Swirls of flames were emitted from his bright red blade and scorched Gyutaro. Y/N leapt out of the way and let the fire burn him. Kyojuro ran towards the demon, unleashing another attack.

"Flame Breathing, Second Form- Rising Scorching Sun!" he roared, bringing his blade upwards. A wheel of fire followed it, leaving a burn scar on Gyutaro's chest. It quickly healed, and the charred flesh disintegrated, leaving no trace of Gyutaro's injuries. He brushed off the excess ashes off of himself and spun his sickles around in his hands.

"When will you actually cut my head off?" he grumbled in annoyance. Tengen leapt up onto the roof.

"Please let me handle him! Go help the three kids, will you? I doubt they can hold up against that brat of a demon," he said with a winning smile. Gyutaro got angry.

"Daki is not a brat! Don't even dare to insult my sister again!" he bellowed, and threw his sickles at Tengen. Streams of blood gushed from the fleshy blades.

"Go!" the Sound Hashira yelled, blocking the sickles with his giant swords. Kyojuro smiled.

"Alright, Uzui-san! Good luck!" he shouted, running towards the flashes of lightning and fire in the distance. Y/N followed closely after him, worrying for Tengen.

'He'll be fine,' she thought.

Once Kyojuro and Y/N reached the second battle, Y/N dashed towards Tanjiro. His eyes were still bleeding, but he was fighting as he normally did. Zenitsu was fast asleep, but somehow his makeup was still on. Inosuke was battling the obi sashes, and he looked like he was having a great time. He was laughing and slicing the obi sashes with glee. Y/N tried to cut in the battle, but the obi sashes are keeping the fight contained within Daki and the three juniors.

"Thunder Breathing, First Form- Thunderclap and Flash!" Zenitsu said, and dashed forward as fast as lightning. Y/N realized she has never actually seen him fight. She was amazed at how fast Zenitsu could be, while he's asleep, no less. Lightning seemed to follow his path, zooming around and slicing the obi sashes. Tanjiro attacked while Zenitsu was attacking.

"Water Breathing, Third Form- Flowing Dance!" he yelled, weaving around Zenitsu's path. A winding river showed the path that Tanjiro took. While he and Zenitsu were keeping the obi sashes at bay, an opening was created for Inosuke. He laughed murderously.

"Beast Breathing, Eighth Fang- Explosive Rush!" he shouted, running quickly past his two fellow Demon Slayers.

"Sixth Fang- Palisade Bite!" he yelled. His two serrated swords made contact with Daki's tough neck. Y/N dashed in, cutting from the other side. Steam was released from Inosuke's boar mask snout, since he was using all his strength to cut through. Daki's neck was held together by an obi sash, and the feeling of cutting through it was like trying to cut through rubber with a butter knife. Y/N pushed her sword harder, and Inosuke finally managed to slice through. Daki's head was torn off and he quickly picked it up. He started running with the decapitated demon head. Kyojuro caught sight of Gyutaro's flesh sickle flying towards Inosuke's chest.

"Watch out!'' he cried, desperately trying to save the masked Demon Slayer, but he was too late. Umi ran towards him. A sickle stabbed Inosuke right in the heart, and he fell to the ground. Daki's head fell out of his hands, and Tanjiro cried out.

"Inosuke!" he yelled, watching helplessly as his friend fell off the building. Y/N started crying, and Kyojuro embraced her.

"He died? I can't save him like I saved you, can I?" she sobbed. The Flame Hashira stroked her back, comforting her. They walked to the edge of the building where Inosuke fell. Y/N looked around, trying to find his body, but instead saw Tengen.

'Something is off...' she thought, then it dawned on her.

Tengen's left hand was missing.