Sixteen - じゅうろく

The group of Demon Slayers split up to find Tanjiro. Y/N went to look in the Tokito house.

"Hello, how can I help you?" the lady at the front asked. She didn't recognize Y/N in her Demon Slayer uniform and purple haori.

"It's Y/N. I need to find Ta- Sumiko. Where is she?" she replied.

"Y/N-chan? Well, sorry I didn't recognize you! Sumiko-chan is currently not here. Last I heard, she was somewhere near the Kyogoku house. Please be safe, many girls have been disappearing around the area," the lady said.

"Thank you," Y/N bowed. She went off to the Kyogoku house and heard a blast coming from the back. She jumped up onto the roof and found Tanjiro, battered and broken on the side of a roof. Y/N saw a female demon standing in the middle of the path. She had the same obi sashes that were in the cavern connected to her back.The demon herself had extremely pale skin and long hair that was while and faded to lime green at the ends. Her eyes were lime green and... had writing on it. Y/N squinted, and read the kanji for Upper Six. She gasped.

"Tanjiro-kun!" she yelled. The demon looked up.

"Ew, who are you? How dare a person as ugly as you even come into my sight! Disgusting!" she shouted. Her obi sashes extended and reached for Y/N, who quickly unsheathed her sword and cut them.

"Ugh, even worse, you're a Demon Slayer! You think you can kill me?" the demon cackled.

"Well, if I couldn't kill you, then I wouldn't be a Hashira," Y/N said boredly, and jumped across the roof to tend to the injured Tanjiro.

"Tanjiro-kun!" she said. He groaned and looked up. "Tanjiro-kun, get up!" she yelled as the obi sashes stretched towards the two. Tanjiro realized the situation and jumped out of the way just as the obi sashes smashed into the roof. Y/N ran up the sash and sliced downwards, tearing it in half. The demon sighed and rolled her eyes. The sash regenerated instantly.

"Really? You're a Hashira? Prove it!" she screeched.

"Music Breathing, Fourth Form- Fermata!' she said, and inhaled. The obi sashes slowed down a great deal, and Y/N easily ran up to the demon's neck. She brought her sword with incredible force up to the neck, but the sword never cut through. The technique's effect wore off, and the obi threw her off.

"L/N-san!" Tanjiro yelled. Y/N flipped and stuck her feet to the ground. The demon's eyes seemed to glow in the moonlight.

"You ugly, pathetic Demon Slayers... trying to get in my way!" she yelled. The obi sashes reached out to attack them again, and Tanjiro didn't budge.

"Hinokami Kagura, Raging Sun!" he yelled, and slashed horizontally. Two circular arcs of red fire burned the demon's sashes.

"Hinokami Kagura, Flame Dance!'

Tanjiro sliced downwards, leaving a precise trail of flames after his sword. The demon jumped back, just barely avoiding his blade.

"Hinokami Kagura, Fake Rainbow!" he said, and dashed towards the demon, who attempted to behead Tanjiro. The obi made contact with his neck, and it easily sliced off. Y/N ran towards the demon with her ivory-gold sword, slashing maniacally with tears falling. The demon laughed. Then, Y/N looked around. Tanjiro's decapitated body was nowhere to be seen. Y/N jumped out of the way.

"Tanjiro-kun, where..." she trailed off. After-images of the younger boy were left in the air for a split second. Flames flickered in the air, and she thought Kyojuro had appeared. Then, there was the familiar sound of a blade cutting through the air. Tanjiro, alive and well, appeared right at the demon's neck with his obsidian-black blade. He slashed her neck, fire streaming from his blade. Y/N was impressed, but also extremely confused.