Seven - なな

Zenitsu and Nezuko were running. They weren't running away from something, though, they were running towards something. Nezuko had no bamboo to cover her mouth, and she was clutching Zenitsu's hand. They were laughing and running through a peach orchard. The ground was covered in white clovers, a lucky flower in Japan.

"Oh, Zenitsu-kun! Make me a white clover crown for me!" Nezuko said, and giggled. Zenitsu smiled and blushed.

"Of course, Nezuko-chan!"

"Zenitsu-kun! A river!"

"It's okay, it's shallow!"

"...But, Zenitsu-kun, I can't swim!"

Zenitsu smiled wider.

"Get on my back, Nezuko-chan! I won't let a single toe of yours get wet!"

Nezuko climbed on Zenitsu's back.

"Hold on tight, Nezuko-chan!"

Zenitsu inhaled and jumped. Thunder boomed and lightning swirled around his feet. He zoomed over the river and they both laughed.

In Inosuke's dream, Nezuko was a bunny. She had white bunny ears over her black hair and she was following the boar-headed man.

"Explorers! Explorers! We are cave explorers!" he chanted. "Look, there it is!" Inosuke exclaimed, pointing to a sleeping Mugen Train with giant crab legs. It was resting on a large earthen mound. Nezuko sat down and looked up at Inosuke. He stomped his foot in disappointment.

"Hey, get up! If you follow Lord Inosuke, I'll give you some shiny acorns!" he said, showing some acorns to the bunny Nezuko.

"Minion 1! Minion 2! Attend Lord Inosuke!" he called, and Zenitsu and Tanjiro appeared. They looked a little different, though. Zenitsu had rat ears and a rat tail, and Tanjiro had a raccoon marking on his face, raccoon ears, and a raccoon tail. Their haori design was on a short sackdress type clothing and they knelt down in front of Inosuke, who flexed his bulky arms.

"Lord Inosuke!" they cried in a derpy voice. He cackled and pointed to the crab-train.

"Come on, minions! Off we go!" he yelled, and the four jumped towards the train on top of the hill.

Meanwhile, Kyojuro was shuffling in his sleep. He dreamt of being back at the Rengoku residence one or two years ago, when he just became a Hashira. He knelt down before his father, who was lazily reading a book and drinking bottle after bottle of sake.

"What do you want?" he said.

"I became a Hashira, just like you wanted, Father. I came to tell you," he said, this time without a confident smile on his face.

"So? Who cares? You'll never amount to anything, anyways. Your brother, Senjuro, is a hopeless case as well. Imagine him as the Flame Hashira. Ha, pathetic.' Shinjuro took another gulp of sake.

"Well, I have seen my future. A completely new Hashira with yet another new breathing style joins. She joined within three years of learning about demons. She became a Hashira on her first mission! I do wish I could be like her, Father. I am trying my best. I will continue to support our family!" he said confidently.

"I know about Y/N. You don't deserve her, she's too good for you. Like you could ever win her heart," his father sighed. "Just like your mother, she is..."

"No, I think I've already got her. The first thing she did when she arrived at the Hashira meeting was ask me to marry her. That's more than enough!" Kyojuro insisted.

"And yet, you continue to ignore her feelings and push aside yours. Again, you don't deserve her. You know who you should marry? That girl that you trained... the Love Hashira or something. She's not half-bad. Even you're good enough to marry her," his father said. "Now, get out of my sight. You're not worth wasting my voice on."

Kyojuro stood up. "Alright, Father. Please take care of yourself."

He walked out and saw Senjuro with a worried expression on his face. He was carrying some towels outside, at the front of the house.

"So? How did it go... with Father, I mean," Senjuro asked, placing the towels on the floor. Kyojuro sighed and knelt down in front of his little brother.

"To be honest, he didn't care. He said I wasn't worthy of anything, whether it be the place of a Hashira or the girl I seek. But I won't let his discouraging words bring me down! We have a difference, Senjuro. You have an older brother- one that will take care of you like the father you never had!" he said, placing a confident hand on Senjuro's shoulder. He teared up and hugged Kyojuro. The two Rengokus went outside and Kyojuro helped his little brother train. Behind the mansion, though... a shadow moved. Did he see something? No, probably just Senjuro's wooden sword.

Y/N opened her eyes. She looked at her hands, but something was a little different. She looked around. She recognized the Rengoku estate, and saw a boy walk out of the front entrance. He looked like Senjuro, but something was off...

She was in the future, Yeah, that's it. She's looking at Senjuro right now. Why would she be in the Rengoku estate, in the future nonetheless? Senjuro saw Y/N.

"Nee-san! I was looking for you! Kyojuro! It's Kyojuro!" he cried, hugging her.

"W-what? Why did you call me Nee-san? I'm not your sister!" she said, clearly surprised.

"Sister-in-law! Same thing! Now, come on! There's no time to waste!" Senjuro grabbed Y/N's hand and ran inside to one of the rooms. She wondered, 'Why would I be his sister-in-law- oh.' It dawned on her. She was to marry Kyojuro. Well, that's nice, but did something happen to Kyojuro? Why was Senjuro so urgent?

They reached a room and Senjuro opened it gently. On a bed lay Kyojuro- with a giant hole right in the middle of his stomach! His left eye was also smashed and covered with bandages. Y/N covered her mouth, tears coming to her face.

"Y-Y/N-chan..." Kyojuro croaked, looking at her. She ran to his side. Senjuro stood at the door.

"W-when did this happen?" Umi cried, turning to Senjuro.

"On the Mugen Train mission. They thought it was only a Lower Moon, but then some Upper Moon came out of nowhere! Kyojuro was extra lucky to survive... If only someone was there to help him in his battle... According to Kyojuro, Zenitsu was asleep, Tanjiro was wounded, and Inosuke feared that he might interfere. Who else could possibly protect him..." Senjuro said. Y/N drew her sword and pointed it at him, who raised his hands in surrender. His eyes contained only fear and nothing else.

"Tell me how to wake up! Right now!" she demanded. Kyojuro grabbed her arm weakly, but she easily shook him off.

"How do I wake up from this horrible dream?' she yelled, tears appearing at the corner of her eyes. Then, she had an idea. She held her blade up to her neck.

"Y-Y/N-chan! Don't... Please stay with me!" Kyojuro said, forcing himself to get out of bed. Senjuro tried to grab her sword, but she was holding too tightly. She looked at Kyojuro and said, "I'm sorry..." then she slashed at her neck quickly. Kyojuro screamed and coughed, falling back into bed. Senjuro attended him, not daring to touch Y/N's decapitated head.

Then, Kyojuro said in someone else's dreamy voice, "Ahh, we lost another one! Get yourself together..."

Senjuro said in the same voice, "Come on, you only have three left! Make the most of it!"