Chapter Three

Guys i am so sorry it took me forever to update. I've been super busy but I've made this chapter longer so i hope you guys like it please comment and vote any feedback is appreciated.

Author's POV

Cheryl was gone. Kimberley didn't even know if she was coming back. "Hurry!" she squeaked out. Time creeped past, every minute ticking by in slow motion. It seemed like forever before Cheryl returned, and kimberley nearly sobbed in relief when she caught sight of her below. Cheryl set up a short ladder, then grasped the doors at the bottom, keeping them apart.

"You're going to have to slide down between my arms," she told kimberley. "Get on your stomach and lower your legs first."

Kimberley nodded. "Gotcha. Can I let go now?"

"Let go."

She did, holding her breath for a moment as she released the doors. Then she hesitated. If she shimmied down, she was going to more or less shove her ass in cheryl's face. "Maybe I should get dressed first-"

"Just come on!"

"Well, then close your eyes!"

"I'm not going to close my eyes, Kimberley. Just come on already. I can't hold this forever. The hurricane's almost on us."

Kimberley hesitated for a moment more, but a crash from outside decided her. Biting her lip, she tossed her bag and clothes out of the elevator ahead of her and then slid her legs out of the hole. When she was about halfway out, she began to have visions of the power coming back on and the elevator slicing her in half, and she rushed to slide completely out, not caring that her behind might have brushed against Cheryl's face or that her wiggling feet couldn't find a toehold.

"Just drop," cheryl told her after a moment.

So She did, and collapsed to the floor. Her leg scraped along the ladder as she fell, and she smacked onto the ground with a thud that knocked the breath out of her.

But they were out of the elevator. Thank heavens, they were out of the elevator.

"You okay?" Cheryl moved to Kimberley's side, her hands running lightly over her naked limbs, checking for breaks. "You're bleeding."

"Just a scratch. Something broke the skin when I slid. I'll be fine." Kimberley sat up, grimacing, and allowed cheryl to help her to her feet. The air was muggy and hot. "What about the hurricane?"

"Sounds like it's getting worse."

"Should we go to the basement? Something?"

"Not the basement. The front lobby's already flooding with water. We need someplace safe." Cheryl glanced around. "Someplace with no windows that is off the ground."

"A stairwell?" Kimberley suggested.

Cheryl nodded and grabbed her hand, dragging kimberley with her. "Come on. I think the stairs are this way."

Surprised that she would grab her hand, Kimberley followed her, staring in openmouthed horror at their surroundings as they ran. The hotel looked as if it had been ransacked. Furniture was overturned; papers and brochures were everywhere. Doors hung open as if the occupants had simply forgotten to close them in their haste to leave. They raced past the lobby, and Kimberley gasped, her steps slowing.

It was flooded. An inch of water had crept across the floor, and more was pouring in by the large glass doors. Large, broken glass doors. A quick glance outside showed that the skies were a sickly gray-green, and the closest tree was nearly sideways in the wind. Fear tightened her throat.