02. Wiped clean

CHAPTER TWO

CHAPTER TWO

THE ROOM WAS QUIET, seemingly in a state of serene as no other chime than the sprinkle of water washing over Andie could be heard

THE ROOM WAS QUIET, seemingly in a state of serene as no other chime than the sprinkle of water washing over Andie could be heard. It was both calming and unnerving, the quiet such an unusual thing.

Even at nightfall, there was consistently some sort of uproar inside the glade. Whether it came from inside or outside the walls, it was continues. A never ending torment of tired eyes and erratic behavior.

With her head tilted back, Andie let the stream of warm water sweep over her until it turned cold, goosebumps rising along her skin as she shivered. Even so, she didn't step out, waiting instead till the spray almost felt painful against her skin, biting and pinching at it.

When she finally withdrew from the shower, she had turned a rosy shade of pink. Her skin stung and burned alike her eyes, water trickling down the lengths of her frame like it did her cheeks.

The emptiness of the room felt heavier then ever, making Andie squeeze her eyes shut in discomfort. She wasn't all that certain she liked the quiet. It felt unfamiliar, unpredictable, something she wasn't sure she could grow accustomed to no matter how much time passed.

Letting out a shaky breath that rattled her lungs, her eyes cracked back open, slightly blurred from unshed tears. They fluttered as she cleared her vision, her gaze landing on a white towel and stack of clothes.

She stepped towards the bench and grabbed the cloth, feeling the soft material between her fingers for a moment extra. As she dried herself off, only did she wince in pain when it came in contact with her knee, leaving traces of blood against the white material. She reminding herself to ask someone to take a look it. Perhaps they had doctors around.

As she tilted her head to ruffle her hair, she caught sight of herself in the mirror across her, a grimace worthy view. Her eyes were red rimmed and dark, and her bones and joints were on show. If this was herself after a desperately needed shower, she could only wonder how god awful she looked before.