Chapter 1

Amber

I closed my worn out copy of Pride and Prejudice and unlocked my cellphone, scrolling through the gallery I found photos of me working in the office, reading manuscripts with a very serious expression on my face.

I smiled looking at the photos, remembering the good old days which weren't all that long ago, if only I could get the chance to work again I'd be so happy, but things have changed for me now, I am a married woman and the family I got married into is filthy rich, they're very rich and that's why I despise them.

They've stopped me from working because it'll tarnish their reputation and they can't let that happen so now I'm stuck in this huge villa with nothing but my books to console me, a few maids, some nice cars parked in the garage and a husband who hates me with all his heart.

It's been a week since we got married and all he did was leave ; he left me with the excuse that he's going for a week long business trip but I doubt his trip inclues business at all.

He didn't forget to remind me how much he hates me before leaving "I will never love you" is what he said and left me standing in the bedroom in my wedding gown which was too expensive for my liking.

I didn't cry though, I wasn't sad with him or because of him, I could totally understand where he was coming from, no one wants to be pushed in a loveless arranged marriage in this day and age.

It's not like I love him or even like him, we both were forced into this... the difference between us is that he knows and can show his anger and frustration towards me but I can't, I don't know of what use it'll be for me if I get angry at him, we are stuck and nothing can change that.

But the biggest reason I even agreed to marry him was because of my father and his father who's now my father-in-law ; they were best friends, my father obviously wasn't rich like his but we were comfortable with what we had and that was before I had to lose him in a car accident.

His last wish was that I get married to his friend's son because that was something they decided the day I was born.

I wanted to tell him how stupid it was of them to decide about my future, that they didn't have the right to do so and that I'll never agree with him or his friend but all I did was nod with tear filled in my eyes, I knew he wasn't going to make it so there was no reason for me to give him more pain.

I thought of getting out of this but Mr. Reid, my dad's friend wasn't going to let me go so easily, after my dad's funeral he proposed to my mother the idea of marrying me off to his son Isaac, he told her how he and my father had always planned about it... my mother was overjoyed to hear him but she also wanted to make sure that I was okay with it.

After thinking about it for more than a week, I finally gave my approval not because I wanted to marry rich but because I wanted to respect my late father and his wish.... he was the most loving father to me, he was always supportive of me and my career choices, he'd always cheer me up when I felt down, he made a lot of sacrifices for me and I guess it only made sense for me to do something for him in return.

With a heavy heart I married Isaac in a private ceremony where only our family members were present and prepared myself for a life without a loving husband.... I always knew he'd never love me, the disgusted look he gave me on our wedding day was enough to tell me how much he hates me and I was okay with that because I wasn't head over heels about him either, the playboy image he had was enough for me to dislike him.

I thought my life would be okay at first but when he left me on our wedding night and didn't return ; my dislike for him turned to hatred, he was the one who made me quit my job even when Mr. Reid said it wouldn't be that big of a deal.

Isaac Reid was an asshole with a cold heart that's for sure, I can understand the situation he is in but he should try to understand that even I wasn't willing to marry him, he's not the only one who is frustrated and angry here ; it's just that he shows it but I don't.

I haven't stepped out of this villa in the last eight days and I think I'm losing my mind now... he specifically ordered his servants to not let me go anywhere until his return and I think he should be jailed for this.... okay maybe I'm exaggerating but who the hell does he think of himself to order me around and control me like this?

I need to sort things out with him, we might not love or even like each other but I'm still his lawful wife, his equal and he has no right to treat me like this, I know it's his way of punishing me for agreeing to marry him but he's got a mouth too and he could've said no to the marriage, he wasn't under a situation similar to mine, he could've walked out easily unlike me - who had to marry an asshole like him and it was only because I love my father and I wanted to and still want to respect him and his memories.

                       ********

Author's Note : Hey, it's me, the author of this book!

I hope you enjoy reading this book as much as I'll enjoy writing it, the idea for this story hit me after reading a ton of romance novels during my week off from uni and I decided to write one myself ; I won't say mine will be better or different from others, it'll just be something I like to see in a love story so if you happen to like it don't forget to shower some love by voting and commenting.... would love to hear from you :)