Chapter 10

Amber

I took my time to get ready for the day after Isaac walked out of the room, I was so embarrassed I didn't know how to face him again after what he told me a few minutes ago. I know it's no big deal but I still couldn't come to terms with the fact that it's completely normal for two people to share the same bed without doing something inappropriate. Plus we're husband and wife, on paper atleast!

By the time I went downstairs Isaac was already gone for the office while Ethan was waiting for me.

"Good morning" he greeted with a warm smile and I greeted him back, he looked as charming as ever with a boyish grin on his face.

"Someone seems a little too happy today" I commented and his smile only grew wider.

"Yep, why wouldn't I be?" he asked and I looked at him in confusion "We're going out today and I want you to meet someone very important to me" he clarified.

"Okay, let me atleast have breakfast first... wouldn't want to meet the said important person on an empty stomach" I said nervously, I was still confused and even though I trust Ethan to not do anything stupid I still can't help but feel a little uneasy, with everything that's been going on in my life I don't know if I'm as thrilled as I used to be when it came to meeting new people.

We left around 12 o'clock, Ethan took me to this fancy restaurant for lunch and we both waited for that special person to arrive, Ethan wouldn't tell me who it is so all I did was sit and wait with him.... I kept tapping my feet in nervousness whilst Ethan was busy on his phone.

My phone vibrated and I picked it up, it was my mom, excusing myself I went to the restroom so that I can talk with her in private. Seeing that the call had already disconnected, I dialled her number and waited for her to answer.

"Hey sweetie" she greeted.

"Hey mom, how are you?" I asked and she started talking about how the last ten days have been for her, everyone is surprised and many of her friends are jealous by the fact that I, Amber got married into the Reid family.... only I know how fucking difficult it is for me to keep up with the Reid family.

"Mom I have to go, I'll call you tomorrow okay" I said after listening to her rant, hanging up I made my way back to Ethan and he smiled as soon as he saw me approach him, someone has joined us now but I couldn't tell who since her back was turned to me.

I quitely made my way to the table and Ethan stood up introducing me to the extremely beautiful woman who has now joined us.

"Elle this is Amber, my sister-in-law and Amber this Elle ; my girlfriend" he said waving his hand between the two of us as Elle stood up to greet me with a warm smile.

"It's a pleasure to finally meet you" she said and I beamed at her "Same here" she's a gorgeous woman I have to say and she had a genuine smile on her face which was so comforting.

We sat down and this time I was the one who opened my mouth "Girlfriend huh?" I asked grinning at Ethan "You're quite good at hiding things I see because as far as I remember... your big brother doesn't know anything about all this, right?" I asked and he grinned before looking at Elle with so much affection, I had to look away because I know I'll never have anyone look at me like this. The one who would have is not here  anymore.

"You can say I'm good at keeping secrets" he said reaching for Elle's hand, grabbing it in his ; they both looked at me with what I could only decipher as hope.

"We need your help" Elle stated and I looked at her in confusion.

"Dad adores you and I know he won't get mad if you tell him about this" Ethan added.

"Ethan please don't get me wrong but you telling your parent about your girlfriend isn't and shouldn't be that big of a deal.... I've known Phil since I was a little girl and I know he'd be happy to meet Elle" I said running a hand through my hair, I'm getting nervous now.

"It's not that Amber"

"Then what is it?"

"Elle is my fiancée now, we're enga-" I didn't let him finish.

"What?" I looked at them in shock and saw Elle shift a little in her seat whilst Ethan looked at me with guilty eyes.

"That's amazing!" I exclaimed getting up from my seat and giving them both a hug in order to congratulate them, I smacked Ethan's head "You could've told me earlier you know" I said sitting back down and all he did was give me a smile.

"Well I'm telling you now. Please help us" Ethan said calmly, the nervousness that was there in his voice a few minutes ago has vanished now.

"How exactly can someone like me be of help to you?" I asked.

"Dad... handle him for us please" he said putting his hand on the table and leaning towards me a little "I know what I did is wrong but it's been three weeks since we got engaged and not telling dad or Isaac about it is killing me... they're family" he continued and I let out a long breath.

"So you want me to support you, in short ; I have to tell Phil about your engagement with Elle and make sure that he doesn't angry, right?"

He nodded his head in agreement.

"Why do you think that Phil will get angry?" I asked, I need some clarifications here because a son hesitating to tell his father and brother about his fiancée is nothing but weird to me, especially because I know Phil and I know how cool and calm he is, he'd never be bothered about who Ethan chooses to marry but he did arrange my marriage with Isaac so I don't know, maybe he has planned the same for Ethan.

"It's a long story and I'm sure Mr. Reid would hate me for being with Ethan" Elle said hanging her head down, she whispered "Please help us."