Side Story I: The concern of a mother

Tsubasa has always been a good girl. As a mother I've never had anything to complain about her. She was a diligent student and an obedient girl. She would help in the house chores without being asked. When my husband started working overseas she would go out of her way to look at how I was doing, overall she was a kind and caring daughter.

I love my daughter from the bottom of my heart, one of my pastimes is to tease her. I enjoy the different reactions she gaves. As she grew older the things I could do to tease her were reduced though there was a topic that always worked. When Tsubasa was a kid she was kind of boyish, she didn't like to use dresses nor have long hair. She didn't like to be remembered about it.

However, that changed when she met him. I was quite happy that she was acting more girly, she let her hair grow and started to pay attention to her clothes. I enjoyed the transition a lot, she asked my help to choose her clothes or her current hair style. I even taught her how to put on make up even though she was quite young for it.

I still remember the first time she tried to do it herself before asking for my help, it was quite funny to be honest, she had put on too much lipstick. I even had a photo of it, I've been saving it for the time she got the attention of the boy she liked. Unfortunately that had yet to happen, he was as dense as a brick or he simply didn't care at all.

Whenever she would hang out with him she'd use cute attires and wear some makeup to look prettier. I've lost count of the times that had happened, to be honest I couldn't believe that he didn't notice the attention Tsubasa was showing to him. I met him twice when Tsubasa invited him for dinner, he was kind and respectful.

I had a good opinion of him besides if what Tsubasa had said was true then he had his goals set. She said that he was focusing on his studies so he could apply for a scholarship to a good highschool so he could help his father. In other words I wouldn't have any complaints if they started going out, in fact I'd be delighted if they did.

The boy that Tsubasa had chosen was called Eiichiro, she had been fawning over him for two years. Their relationship had stayed as only friends despite Tsubasa's efforts. I told her many times that she should move on but she refused to listen. I didn't like to see my dear daughter fawning over someone who didn't see her in that way. She would smile bitterly whenever I asked about her progress.

However, that changed one day. That day she came back with a big smile plastered on her face, when I asked her why she was happy she told me that she met someone. When she said that she had blushed a little, when I pestered about it she told me reluctantly that she had met a boy.

I was delighted, I couldn't help but hope that person would break Tsubasa's chains. She told me that he was called Ayanokouji-san, the way she said his name made me smirk. This was what I've been waiting for, she had shown some interest in another boy besides Eiichiro. I couldn't wait for the time she moved on from him.

Things started to get better every day as she'd changed her source of affection, she was no longer chasing Eiichiro but Ayanokouji-san. She looked happier than I've ever seen, she would smile without reason any time of the day. One day she came back home really happy. I didn't give it too much thought as she had been like that for a while until I heard her scream.

Worried about her, I ran to her room only to find her with a big smile on her face. When I asked why she screamed she told me that Ayanokouji-san had invited her to spend the whole day in his mansion. I was quite happy to hear that, she had been trying to meet him for weeks but every time she'd done it she was told that he was busy. Unlike Eiichiro, Ayanokouji-san seemed to show some interest in Tsubasa.

Everyday she would daydream about Ayanokouji-san. Sometimes when I wake her up I'll hear her muttering his name with a smile. Everything was going smoothly until one day Tsubasa lost consciousness out of the blue. Panicked, I called for an ambulance, fortunately they arrived shortly and Tsubasa was taken to a hospital.