Omake III: Auntie Sae

Chabashira Sae's POV

I had just woken up, I felt refreshed after a long night of sleep. Yesterday I stayed late finishing all my work so I could have this weekend free, today was special after all. I looked at the clock on the wall, there was one hour left until my special guest arrived.

Despite my good mood I didn't feel like cooking so I decided to order some takeout. It was too late for breakfast and too early for lunch so some pastries should do the job until lunch. Besides, I could always share them with my special guest, she loved sweets after all.

I had ordered them from the most famous store in Tokyo, they were quite expensive but according to the reviews I read they were worth every penny. I had spent almost 10,000 yen there so I had set my expectations high.

Until my order arrived I had plenty of time so I went to take a shower and get changed into some comfortable clothes. By the time I was finished I heard the doorbell rang, what a perfect timing. When I opened the door I didn't find the delivery man but someone else.

It was someone I hadn't seen since two weeks ago. That someone was Hoshinomiya Chie, now Ayanokouji Chie, my "best" friend. She had arrived earlier than expected, also she was accompanied by little Sae as I like to call her.

She was the child of my old student, Ayanokouji Kiyotaka. There was no one in the world who didn't know his name, during his first year in high school he broke the fifty meter freestyle world record in swimming, the next year he represented Japan in the olympic games. That same year he presented the solution of one of the millennium problems, taking the spotlight in the world.

「Hello Chie and little Sae.」I said.

「Hey Sae-chan. Come Sae-chan say hi to auntie.」Chie said.

「Hello auntie.」Little Sae said timidly. I didn't like to be called auntie as it makes me feel older but little Sae was just too cute so I let it pass. She was like a sweet tiny version of my annoying friend.

「Please come in.」I said.

「Sorry Sae-chan but I just came to drop Sae-chan off.」Chie said.

「Then little Sae, you can go inside. Auntie will talk with mommy okay.」I said softly. Normally I wouldn't speak this way but I had a sweet spot for little Sae. I had helped raise her when she was a toddler after all.

「Okay Auntie!」Little Sae said cheerfully. Then she made her way inside my apartment.

「When are you going to pick her up? You only told me to take care of her over the phone.」I said. Depending on her answer I might have to change my schedule as I had to work early on Monday.

「I'll come to pick her up with Kiyotaka on Monday.」Chie said. This is good news, I could pass more time with little Sae. I wonder where I should take her? A museum? An aquarium? An amusement park?

「Okay. Where are little Sae's things?」I asked. I could always buy her some clothes but knowing myself I might spend all my savings on cute dresses for her.

「No! I forgot them in the car.」Chie said.

「Chie you forgot Sae's backpack.」Someone said. I could recognize the owner of the voice, it was Ayanokouji Kiyotaka.

「Hello Ayanokouji.」I said. He was more handsome than the last time I saw him.

「Hello sensei. How are you doing?」He said. Like always he speaks like a robot, the only times I've heard him speak with emotions was when he does with his wifes or his kids though you can barely notice the difference.

「I'm doing good, Ayanokouji.」I said. I had resigned my old job and started working in a normal high school. The pay wasn't as good as before but I could take things more easily.

「Chie you should hurry up. We have a plane to take. Goodbye sensei.」He said.

「Okie dokie! I'll just explain some things to Sae-chan.」Chie said happily. What's there to explain, this isn't my first time taking care of little Sae!

「You can be on your way, Chie. I'll take care of little Sae.」I said

「Aren't you curious, Sae-chan?」Chie asked.

「No.」I said. Knowing Chie as I knew, she probably just wants to take a small vacation.

「We're trying to have a second child.」Chie whispered to me. I could feel my checks getting heated up.

「See you on Monday, Sae-chan. Say my goodbyes to Sae-chan.」She said. Then she started walking without looking back.

She's going for a second child, huh. I feel like everyone is moving on while I'm stuck in the past. Maybe I should have accepted Chie's offer. Well another regret in my life, with those thoughts on my mind I made my way inside.

Author's notes

Hello there, thank you for reading. This omake should have come on Monday, I was going to be on a spree of chapters but procrastination won, I only needed to edit it though. With that said, I'll be starting a new chapter not an omake. 

By the way, what do you think was Chie's offer? There are some clues in the omake so it should be easy.