Chapter XIX: Blank state

Tachibana Akane's POV

「I declare myself guilty.」Ayanokouji said.

「The defendant had pleaded guilty. What do you think, Tachibana-senpai?」Kiryuin said.

So that was her plan now, seeing that she couldn't corner Ayanokouji she's going for the weak link. She already had me in her hands so I was left without choice but to play along though a part of me was interested in doing it.

「I think he's innocent.」I said. I couldn't just agree with him as I genuinely believe he had done everything out of goodwill. Although what I had said was nothing but throwing wood into the fire.

「If you could sensei.」Kiryuin said.

Immediately I was presented with a phone, the one who had handed it to me was Hoshinomiya-sensei. On the screen I could see a list of purchases and a balance of points. The balance was zero and the total of expenditures exceeded the 100 thousand points the first years received.

「How is it possible?」I said. I couldn't believe it, did he just spend all his money in the span of two days. Suddenly I got worried, what was he going to do until next month. Thankfully the school offers free food and water so he won't die.

「Well Tachibana-chan. Kiyotaka-chan had been rewarded by a 25% discount on all his purchases.」Hoshinomiya-sensei said. That would explain how he paid 105 thousand in one store.

Come to think of it, what could he have bought with that much money? I gave it some thought until the answer arrived, it was the ring. Unwittingly my eyes went to my left hand, right where I had put the ring.

「Anyway, did you find anything strange?」Kiryuin said playfully. Sadly I hadn't found anything strange, his last purchase was the food I had been eating, aside from that nothing seemed out of the ordinary.

「No, I didn't.」I said.

「What a pity.」Kiryuin said tiredly. Immediately Kiryuin took her phone and I got a bad feeling, like she was about to do something that would destroy my life which was to release that photo.

「You mean, his last purchase.」I said quickly. I could only hope that it was what she was waiting for.

「Bingo!」She said. When I heard it, I released a breath I didn't know I was holding.

「What does it have to do with?」I asked. Then I took a bite of my food, I was already hungry and the stress from the current situation wasn't helping at all.

「Why would he spend his remaining points on getting you food?」Kiryuin said.

「I don't know.」I said. I tried to think of his reasons but the more I think about it the less sense it makes to me.

I thought that it was his way to say sorry regarding Kiryuin's antics but if that was true, he wouldn't need to get me something this expensive. A simple meal would be more than enough, did he really have another intention?

「Ayanokouji, did you have an ulterior motive behind your actions?」I asked. Rather than making hypotheses it was easier to just ask him, who else knows the intentions better than the one behind them.

「Yes, absolutely.」Ayanokouji said. It had come almost immediately and it had worried me. I knew that the way to a man's heart is through his stomach but not in the other way, also the food is supposed to be homemade!

「Were you trying to score points with me?」I asked shyly. Although this wasn't the first time someone had been trying to court me, it was the first time some had been that straightforward.