Chapter 20 : Secrets

Present...

The day after Izuku and Yui's home date...

To say that Setsuna was nervous would be an understatement of the century. The woman had every reason to be nervous. Her speculation that her female best friend's number one fan might be her male best friend's son was already putting her on the edge and to clarify that she had decided to meet the person who could lay it bare for her.

Melissa.... Izuku's ex-girlfriend and possibly Izaiah's mother. She had no idea what to do and her boyfriend definitely didn't have any idea regarding this matter. It was as if a plot of B-grade drama was pulled from the screen and into real life. The dinosaur loving girl was going over all the ways this meetup could go. If Izuku is not the baby daddy then she would risk opening up the old wounds of the woman who she was sure was still in love with Izuku and possibly lose the friendship she had with the scientist. But if Izuku does turn out to be the baby daddy then this is going to hurt a lot. It nearly took a lot of convincing to make Izuku try to move on from Ochako and if this speculation does turn out to be true, then Izuku would feel nothing but guilt and there was high chance that he would revert back to what he was or even worse and that is something Setsuna didn't want.

But at the same time, she was concerned for Melissa. What had caused the American to keep such a secret from Izuku for eight long years? She was still in contact with him. Albeit not as much as Pony but still. Izuku was one a weird guy indeed. While everyone in the world did everything in their power to get rid of anything that reminded them of their ex, the green haired animator talks to them like pals. Is this what one would call maturity? Or Izuku is not capable of holding a grudge? Wait... Izuku can definitely hold a grudge. He is stubborn in that way. But still... What caused her to keep quiet about her possible son? The very thought about this was eating away Setsuna's mind so much that she couldn't help but let out a groan and bangs her head against the table in front of her.

"Well someone is annoyed", the familiar voice of Nemuri-sensei fills her ears and Setsuna looks up to see the co-owner of Black Mist Restaurant peeking inside the private booth she had booked for the meetup with Melissa. There was still one hour but Setsuna was so nervous that she had come early to calm her nerves down.

"Well I'm annoyed", Setsuna says with a huff as she leans back in her seat and she hears Nemuri enter and sit down on one of the spare seats.

"I'm all ears", Nemuri replies. At first Setsuna doesn't say anything as she was trying to frame a question in such a manner that her sensei wouldn't be suspicious of. Setsuna was not sure if Izaiah was Izuku's son and she would like to keep this matter under the rug.

After a minute of careful thinking, Setsuna lets out a sigh and leans ahead on the table. While interlocking her fingers together she asks, "Sensei... take this as a hypothetical situation. Imagine that you have come in contact with a kid and you have started enjoying that kid's company. One day you come to know that the kid is actually your husband's kid he had with his ex and he has no idea of the kid's existence.... What would you do?"

"This is a serious question for an hypothetical scenario", Nemuri says with a pursed lips to which Setsuna replies, "Well it is hypothetical". The former teacher looks at the woman in front of her with suspicious eyes and Setsuna could literally feel the drop of sweat running along her back. Nemuri sensei was sweet but she sure did have cold eyes. Out of habit, Setsuna started to drum her fingers on the table when suddenly Nemuri leaned back on her seat and said, "I don't know".

"Huh?" Setsuna asks dumbfoundedly and Nemuri says, "Well idealistically I would like to ask the kid's mother why she would keep such a secret from my husband and depending on her answer, I would say this to my husband".