The Discs Chapter 12

I don't know how long I sit there for. Half an hour? Maybe more? I don't know. I don't care. My brother is in danger and there is nothing I can do to save him. After all I've been through to gain independence, It will all be for nothing if I have no one to share it with.

I feel like crying again, but there are no tears left in me. I've wrung my body dry.

I let out an empty sob, resting my head in my hands, too tired to hold it up anymore.

"Can you see her?"

"Do you think she's in the basement, like last time?" I hear the two voices whisper too each other.

Already knowing who they are I don't bother to lift my head when I say, "I'm in here guys."

I hear a scuffle of feet heading towards the entrance, looking up at my two friends as they open the door.

"We really got to stop meeting like this (Y/N)," I see Fundy anxiously rubbing the back of his neck.

"Oh (Y/N), you're alright, let's get you home okay?" Tubbo rushes towards me, concern evident in his eyes. He bends down to help me get up from the ground.

The walk back was uncomfortably silent. They didn't pester me with any questions, knowing why I was here, what I tried to do. I failed. Tommy is dead, and it's all my fault. 

The whole way home, silent tears stream down my face. I can't seem to run out of them, but for Tommy, I don't think I ever will. 

After what seems like a lifetime of silence, Tubbo finally speaks. "I understand your sympathy for Tommy,  I do, but it wont last forever. Hell get better." 

"What?" I stop, turning to the boy who spoke to me. "What do you mean he'll get better?" 

"He got shot in the shoulder. He's going to be okay, (Y/N)"

Relief surges through my body along with some embarrassment.

"You mean I've been crying over my not dead brother this entire time?" 

Sensing the obvious anger in my features the poor kid takes a step back, fidgeting with his hands he says, "Yes?" as frustration quickly overruns my mind, he tries to reason with me, explaining his actions, "We just assumed you knew,"  

"Of course, my brother agrees to a duel with the most deadly man we know, and I just assumed he survived! Makes total sense."

Seeing the tears build up in Tubbo's water line, I take a step forward , reaching out to him. "I'm sorry Tubs, I didn't mean to be so harsh, I was just overwhelmed." 

Tubbo trails behind Fundy and I the rest of the way back, not uttering a word. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The gates open and I run to Niki's house, as Wilbur calls it, the head quarters of healing. I assume that's where Tommy is so, I quicken my pace leaving my two friends behind. 

I open the door, making a loud creak in the process. I find the house empty. A whole bed is missing along with Niki and her satchel of remedies. 

I look behind me as the two finally catch up to me, standing, alone in the doorway. 

Fundy has his hands on his knees, catching his breath as he attempts to say, "Tommy," a breath, "The caravan." 

"Tubbo clears up my confusion saying, "For some reason, Tommy insisted on being treated in the caravan, he was so stubborn he wouldn't let Niki touch him until they were in there. Something about the Declaration's powers aiding in healing him," he shrugs.