The Decree Chapter 13

(Y/N) POV:

"Tommy what does he mean "freedom"

"I have secured our freedom."

"What? How?" He looks down, remorseful. "Tommy, what did you do."

He looks up from his feet, "The discs. I gave him the discs."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We make it back to L'Manburg and relay the news to the others. Even Wilbur came out of his shell life to comfort Tommy and his loss.

"Tommy how could you? Those discs meant everything to you."

"For freedom Will, for freedom."

"You did good Tommy."

"Will? I think it's about time you declare freedom.

The decree of independance

Signed:

President Wilbur

Tommyinnit

Tubbo_

Fundy

(Y/N)

As we gaze upon the swaths of redwood trees. The great hills to our south. And the walls that have protected us for years. I, as the now President of L'Manburg hereby state: YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SUCK IT GREEN BOYYYYYYYYYY

Life, liberty, and the Pursuit of Freedom

After Wilbur completed writing the Decree, we hung it up on the wall of the van, for all to see.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's been six months since Wilbur dubbed himself the president of L'manburg after Tommy traded his discs for our independence. We've welcomed in many new members. Some travelers, needing a place to stay, and others are people who've heard of our feud with the infamous Dream Team and have come to see our success.

Some of our newer members include Jack Manifold, Karl Jacobs, and Purpled.

Even with all of the new people there has been little fighting inside the walls of L'manburg. The past couple months have been fairly quiet. That is of course true except for a few exceptions...

"It's not right Wilbur!"

"That's president to you," Will retorts.

"I don't care what you want to call yourself, but you are not my president. Listen, we need a system to govern ourselves. not some glorified retiree war general who names himself president. What we need is a democracy. I, am going to start it." Our newest member, Quackity leaves the room not caring to close the door behind him.

"That was quite a show." I finally speak, getting up from the chair I was viewing the scene from.

"He has fire that one, I'll give him that."

"Yes, he does, but still, he has a point."

"Even you are turning against me," he says, hand on his heart. "I'm hurt."

"Just run the bloody election, it's not like you'll lose, everyone in L'manburg loves you. you are our savior, Will."

He shakes his head. "It's too risky."

"You'll win, Quackity will be appeased, and you will rightfully have your country. The way it should be."

Ever since Quackity joined our country he's been going on and on about how Wilbur should have been democratically elected. He pretty much was, there were no arguments when he said he would be our president. Why would there be. But either way, I think there is no harm in making it official.

"I'll think about it. You should go home (Y/N), get some rest."

"Yeah it is getting pretty late. I'll see you tomorrow."

I begin walking home from the Caravan. This is the time at night where I enjoy being by myself, walking in the fields at dusk, with nothing but the comforting sound my footsteps make on the mossy ground beneath me.

I take my usual way home. The grass, walked on so much it's nearly dead. As I reach the end of the path, I look up to see my door, cracked open. On instinct I grab for my bow but I stop myself, archery is really only good for long range fights. I reach for my knife, being better for hand to hand combat. I step through the door, avoiding the creak it normally makes when being opened.

I do a sweep of my house, knife ready for whatever may be lurking.

I end up finding no one. No trace of anyone or anything entering except for my door. Could I really have been as dumb as to leaving my own door open? I guess it has been a long week. Constantly fighting Quackity about the election, added on top of our ever growing country and oh yeah my childhood nightmares that have reappeared since I almost lost my brother. I've been so tired lately I wouldn't put it past me to leave the door open.

I double check to lock the latch to my door and change out of my uniform for the night.

Hours pass by. I'm in my bed, staring at the ceiling, fearful that if I do close my eyes I will get sucked into my nightmares, unable to escape until dawn.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The branches of the trees sway and leaves fall to the ground, the beginning of the new season. A little girl, the age of five or six, runs, leaving her arms trail behind her in the long grass.

"Sunny," A boy, a similar age, reaches out for the girl. She smiles and turns in response to his call.

She takes his hand. Facing the horizon, they sit in a clearing, a break from the tall green blades. The sun sets, casting the sky in a shade close to garnet. Suddenly, the sky bleeds into the sun. The trees and ground turn red. It surrounds them, eventually overtaking the boy. The little girl stumbles back.

"Please (Y/N), don't leave me." He sounds betrayed.  He calls for her, once more, but this time, his voice comes out low and gruff. "Sunny." His hand takes hers, engulfing every last bit of peace with red.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wake up, scared what I will see if I fall back to sleep.