Toby

Lady, Noir, and Basil continued to stare at each other in silence. The detective was suspicious while the heroes were nervous and didn't know what to do or say. Basil was beginning to lose patience; Just looking at those youngsters he drew some deductions, but he still needed to question them.

Inside the house, Dawson and Olivia watched what was happening. After the little girl told Basil what had happened to her father, the detective walked around the room analyzing the information, stopping by the window while telling the doctor and the girl to keep quiet. They heard voices outside the window. Basil cautiously opened it and found these two young... eccentrics.

Olivia climbed up on one of the couches to get a better look and saw two people outside the house. One of them was dressed completely in black, while the other looked like a detective, but with a ladybug print, which aroused the girl's curiosity.

"Why do your clothes have a ladybug print?"

Everyone present looked at the girl. Before Lady could say anything, Basil beat her to it.

"It seems that these youngsters have read too much about heroes and heroines in mythologies and folklore, so they try to do the same and these themes were created."

Lady and Noir were stunned. Basil was expected to be unaware of Miraculouses, but they didn't expect him to say something like that. Knowing she couldn't hide anything from the detective, the coccinellid-rodent walked over to the window, leaned against the sill, and spoke to Olivia.

"A part of what Basil said is true, we know the heroes and heroines of myths and folklore. But the 'try to do the same' is not for fun as here the detective meant."

"So?" asked the girl

"We are real hero and heroine. And if we're here, it's to help you find your father and defeat Ratigan."

"Well, I've never heard of anything as far-fetched as that!" Basil exclaimed. "You two come in right now and tell us the truth."

Lady shrugged and walked into the house, followed by a not very convinced Noir. Upon entering, Basil, Olivia and Dawson were amazed to see them better. Surveying them from head to toe, the detective put his mind to work. The heroine noticed and rolling her eyes she spoke to Basil.

"Could you please stop looking at us like that and jump to conclusions? You want explanations, but immediately you begin to deduce and the only thing you will get are wrong ideas."

"Okay, Miss Foreigner. Start talking."

Everyone present looked at Basil in amazement, especially Lady and Noir. The young woman was transformed and therefore her identity was a secret, making it impossible for them to discover anything.

"How...?"

"Elementary, miss. Your manner of speaking, walking, and acting is not in keeping with of an English lady; In addition to the fact your accent when talking about is of a person who has been living in London for a long time, but whom has not forgotten her roots, which has to do with the Spanish language, correct?"

"Uh... yes"

"And not precisely from Spain, but from Latin America. Argentina? Venezuela? Peru?"

"Mexico"

"Amazing" said Dawson.

"Whoa!" Olivia exclaimed excitedly.

"Yet your friend has the bearing of an English gentleman despite the fact he has not said a single word," Basil continued. "Although I must admit it puzzles me a little that, being a mouse, some details of his outfit allude to a cat."