Mademoiselle Relda

Alex was speechless looking at the box Basil gave her. It is true from the first time she saw The Great Mouse Detective she wanted to know more about the detective, but not like this. With the mouse's reactions when taking care of her, thinking she was Mademoiselle Relda, it bothered her a little because this was something too personal. However, Basil was the one who asked there be no secrets between them and the proof was he would share something from his past that brought him pain.

The brunette sighed to give herself courage and opened the small box. Anyone who had seen the contents would think they were not much, nothing of value; opera tickets, scheduled, posters, photographs and letters.

Alex took one of the posters and saw in it a mouse with brown fur, brown eyes and brown hair, just like her. Her hair was pulled back in a high ponytail allowing the rest to fall in elegant curls. She was wearing an elegant light purple dress with the lower edge in a darker tone, long dark purple gloves a little above her elbows, lilac shoulder pads and a flying tea also lilac at the height of her knees. A purple wide-brimmed hat with a lilac flower and a feather with all light and dark greys.

Seeing that image, Alex had the impression she had seen her before; on some web page of fanarts, fanfictions or something like that because, for the same reason, this character had never been brought to the screen, but she admitted the woman was beautiful. She took out of the box a photograph where Relda appeared in the same outfit, but her expression was different. In the poster, the singer looked serious, showing her professionalism; As for the picture, she looked relaxed happy and smiling at whoever took the picture.

"It was one of the first times I went out with her beyond the professional field."

Alex looked up to find Basil standing before her looking longingly at the photograph and poster in her hands. The girl put away the advertisement for the play and handed the detective the photograph. Basil accepted it and looked at it for a few seconds, then looked at the young woman. The Latina looked confused at the detective, was he comparing her to Relda or something? Her reply came as Basil gently removed her scarf so he could get a better look at her face.

"With or without a mask since I saw you, you gave me the impression that Relda had returned and she was only hiding from me. But in the toy store, when you showed me who you really were, a part of me was glad to see that, for once in my life, I was wrong... and the other hoped I wasn't."

This surprised Alex, although she didn't know what astonished her more: At some point in his life the famous detective Basil of Baker Street had fallen in love. Or the simple fact the mouse did have emotions since it didn't seem to be something it showed.

The detective returned the photograph, walked towards the only window in the room, losing his gaze outside. The young woman took that as an invitation to continue reviewing the contents of the box. She took out the photographs and looked at them; at each passing image her astonishment believed. Most of these were of Relda alone, there were a few (five at most) in which Basil appeared next to the singer, and in them... he looked happy, as if he had never been in his life.

She put away the photographs and took the letters. She didn't take them out of the envelope, seeing the address was enough for the young woman to get an idea these were during her world tours and at all times Relda kept in contact with Basil. All this was proof enough the singer and the detective were a couple; all this did not make sense, if both came happy What happened to Relda? Where was she now? Did something bad happen between them? That last couldn't be because if not Basil would treat her with hate and wouldn't care about her. So, did something happen to the singer? That question answered itself right away when she remembered Ratigan's teasing and an idea crossed her mind: would the evil professor be responsible for why Relda disappeared from Basil's life?