The Toy Store

As soon as they left Holmes's house, Basil ordered Toby to stop. The hound complied, and the detective and the heroine touched down just as Chat Noir, Dawson, and Olivia caught up. Basil climbed onto Toby 's back, climbing up the leash. The doctor and the girl tried to climb up like the detective, but they couldn't. Seeing them, Ladybug and Chat Noir looked at each other with a smile and each took their gun. The coccinellid-rodent carried Olivia, the feline-rodent carried Dawson and they climbed onto Toby's back easily and to the gasps of astonishment from the three leading mice.

"That was amazing!" The girl exclaimed excitedly.

"How... how did you do that?" asked the doctor, recovering from the shock

"Isn't it obvious, doctor? They used magic!" Basil sneered.

The hero hated the detective more and more. Who the hell did rodent think he was!? He was going to tell him something, but his lady stopped him and she replied:

"In effect, we use magic."

Basil stopped his laughter and looked puzzled at the youngsters; he didn't mean it! Ladybug smiled when she saw his expression, there were enough jokes without having to endure more, so the best way to lower his ego was by showing him something unreal for him —like magic— existed. With yoyo in hand, the young woman was going to make a demonstration, but Basil ordered Toby to look for Fidget and the hound advanced, making the heroine barely have time to hold on and not fall.

Toby sniffed the cobblestone streets, intently searching for Fidget 's scent. Meanwhile, Ladybug and Chat Noir observed their surroundings. After the rain, a thick fog had filled the streets, looking ghostly in the light of the streetlights. It certainly gave off a mysterious and unsettling atmosphere.

"I've walked the streets of London at night before, but it's never seemed as gloomy as it does now," Chat Noir commented.

"For the same reason, it seems that at any moment Sweeney Todd and Jack the Ripper could appear to us," said Ladybug

Toby stopped, raised his head and howled, indicating he had found Fidget's scent. It took them a second to remember they were on the back of an animal with nothing to hold on to. Ladybug quickly hugged Basil's waist tightly and Olivia wrapped her arms around the heroine's waist laughing, Chat Noir fell on his back and took a couple of rolls backwards until he managed to hold onto the leash tightly and stood up as Toby ran off.

"The thrill of the hunt, eh, Dawson?" the detective asked the doctor.

Ladybug didn't need to turn around to see how the doctor was doing, Chat Noir did and he saw Dawson desperately clinging to Toby's tail.

"Q-q-quite!" stuttered the stocky mouse, laughing nervously.

"Oh-ho-ho. Our peg-legged quarry can't be far now." Basil exclaimed enthusiastically.

"Ladybug, help Dr. Dawson! I don't think he will last very long!" Chat Noir asked.

Basil, Olivia and the heroine looked over their shoulders and saw the poor doctor's situation. The coccinellid-rodent hugged the detective's waist tightly with one hand and with the other she launched her yoyo towards the doctor. Seeing it, Dawson raised a hand with difficulty and the yoyo caught on his wrist. Ladybug yanked and the doctor was thrown towards where Chat Noir was. The hero grasped the doctor's free wrist with one hand and the leash with the other.

"Better?" asked the feline-rodent

"Quite!" Dawson answered, holding on to the young man's waist to keep from falling and thus allowing him to hold the leash with both hands.

The heroine picked up her yoyo and put it away, smiling in relief Dawson was safe. His astonishment at what he had just seen passed, His astonishment at what he had just seen passed, Basil returned his attention to the front, closer and closer to where Fidget stood. Ladybug flashed through the scene where the bat finished collecting the British Royal Guard uniforms from some toy soldiers and went through his list. Her thoughts were interrupted when Toby stopped in front of a toy store and howled loudly.