12: Not Nervous

Clubbing on Wednesday really hadn't been a good idea but at least the hangover I got the next day was a distant memory a week and a day later being it the Friday of our third week here.

Just five more weeks before victory!

Eric was still standing on his ground regarding our relationship and I agreed with him.

He wasn't all grouchy the past week but, he only said Hi in the morning and Bye when we leave but, I always felt high intensity whenever Matthew had been out and we had been alone.

And today both Matthew and Eric were out since it was already lunch time. I wasn't really hungry, so I decided to stay and work more on my exterior design since I had been deeply focusing on my interior the past week.

But, as I changed the hard paper of the detailed features of my car with the paper that had the overall look I couldn't come up with any way to continue the sketch and turned out the pencil in my hand can't operate on its on.

So, I thought maybe a cup of coffee would help. I could have went to the cafeteria but I was feeling like having a Starbucks Caffe Mocha plus it was lunch time after all and Aaron lent me his car today. Which reminded me that I should get myself a car at least a used one.

With such thoughts in my mind I exited the building but, before I could make it right outside, I bumped into someone.

This exits were big enough to guarantee any colliding into anything but, I guessed I was too deep in my thoughts and obviously I collided into the most clumsy guy in the building as I had learned in the short while I had been there.

"Chad." I looked up and voiced.

"Hi, Kalyn." He lightly greeted creating a personal space between us that had disappeard as we bumped.

"Hi. I was just heading to get a coffee." Since we were awkwardly standing in the middle of the exit I tried to make a small conversation.

"Oh, okay." He shook his head, for sure confused why that piece of information was made to be included in our conversation.

"Would you like to come with me?" I invited making it clear. "You are always in need of one anyway." I stated a fact as jockingly and as tactfully as I can though I didn't believe there was any nice way of declaring that.

"True. Yeah, I guess that is a great idea." He agreed. Good thing he knew and understood his situation.

With that we left headquarters and went to the near by Starbucks.

After we ordered our coffee, Chad insisted he pays and I didn't resist far so we head to the sit down area.

"So, you are not the nervous wreck that I thought you would be on this day." He began as we sat down around the table to the window confusing me.

"What do you mean?" I couldn't remember anything that would make me nervous.

"It's your first review day and you are here relaxed and having a coffee." He decleared and then the memories returned to my minutes ago clean slate of a brain.

My presentation paper.

"I didn't mean to offend you." He thought the sudden change of expression on my face was because of offense.

"I mean I appreciate your confidence. I would have been a mess if it was me." He added tact into his words, but I still couldn't get myself to assure him that I took no offense and save him  from the misery.

I was struck. I had already gotten ready for the presentation but, I thought I forgot the paper at home.

"Its our first review day?" I spoke out finally trying not to panic.