Chapter : 13 : dream of past

After Jack is gone, Qing, Melissa,heini and nine went back estate. Qing was laughing so hard because Jack was beat up so hard that he need to get out of the estate right away, Melissa was in same page as Qing. She also thought it was so funny, when they walking. Melissa talk about how shock she is when Qing told her that nine is a werewolf. Qing didn't say anything during the conversation, which is rare for them, but actually he was seeing nine and Melissa acting like a couple make him proud and.

Melissa said while stretching her arms "me and Qing went a lot of trouble  because of you. Luckily it was just some injury wound."
Qing look at nine and said "good job, Melissa, you made him sad."
Melissa tried to comfort her "w-wait! It was just a joke, alright? It's only natural to help someone who's injured!"
Qing said seriously "well, if you really want to pay us back and earn your keep, then do your best during your stay here. You can't always stay at my palace."
Nine nod it,

After their talk is over, Qing and Melissa let nine to lock the door. After their fighting with jack they haven't been feel well, after the door is lock, they immediately have blood on their hands. Before they fainted, they can hear nine was reaching out for them, they both seem similar dream. They both dream of their past self before they came, Melissa saw the younger Melissa was crying.

Melissa asked her "why are you crying?"
Younger Melissa "I don't like you..."
Melissa "hey, then mind who you cry in front of. If you say you don't like me when I'm offering you a hug, then that I feel like... Never mind. W-what will make you stop crying?"
Younger Melissa turn to her said "bring Ian to me!"

On other hand Qing was seeing silver-white tree, standing on a cloudy platform, above him is a beautiful starry sky. He started to walk toward a glowing butterflies, when glowing butterflies stop, it turn into a younger version of himself. He was doing sword practice, but kept failing and it made him angry. He started to throw away his sword, but Qing catch it for him.

Qing asked while look at moonlit "why would you throw it away your sword?"
Younger Qing answer angrily "it's useless! What do you think?"
Qing answer calmly without any anger "it's not useless as you might think, you just needed more patient."
Younger Qing still angry "no! I need to get more stronger so I can defeat them, defeat Ian!"
Qing answer "I don't think you need to get stronger, just because your brother is doing better then you."
Younger Qing asked in confused "how are you so calm? Normally they would get angry at me for being childish."
Qing say "I have my way,"

Qing and Melissa were having some talk with their past self, it turn out they have different life but they only wanted love from their family. While Melissa only listen to what her younger self saying, Qing is teaching his younger self how to fight and the way his fighting with grace made his younger self wanted to learn. Then hear nine and other people were tried to waking them up, before they say goodbye to their younger self. They made a promise to each other, then they started to wake up from their dream. They saw each other were crying tears in their eyes. They have also saw there were maid and butler around them, they were shouting to get the doctor over here. Qing tried to calm them down and Melissa saw nine was crying because of them, but then he remembered that he should lock the and not letting them in. It seem that they need to teach him a few things,

The duke asked at dinner table " I heard you and his highness fainted earlier today. But you two don't have underlying health issues. What happen?"
Qing respond "thank for your concern duke, but me and Melissa were just a little tired today, but I do like your estate, the garden looks good."
The duke said "it's a pleasure that you were able to like it here your highness, though you seem to be good term with Melissa, you called her Melissa without any hesitation and I heard that you two been exchanging letters."
Melissa thought 'the hell? Is he trying to get me married to him, I know he is a good men, but we are not that kind of relationship!'
Melissa change the subject "by the way your grace, could I go on a vacation for a while?"

The truth is, qing and Melissa got injured during their fight with jack. Even with an ridiculously op item, or with qing help, it didn't help at all when it came to defending against attacks. A normal wound would heal with enough rest and food, but qing and Melissa injury was far from being an ordinary one.

A werewolf uses their own unique energy, whereas humans wield magic. If their aggressive energy enters the human body, it triggers a severe adverse reaction. That's what caused their internal bleeding from before.

The duke allowed "vacation? Of course why not?"
Duke suggest "if you travel to the rural areas of the podebright territory-"
Melissa reject him "NO, I've already decided where I want to go, so that's where I will be heading."

The duke looks annoyed by her, qing giggle a little, Melissa smirk when she know what he was thinking. But that doesn't stop her,

Duke ask Melissa "where do you want to go exactly?"
Melissa smile "it's a place call liptun."
Duke was shocked "what? Of all places, why there? There aren't even any forest in liptun, only vast wastelands."
Qing had join the conversation " it's okay duke, I'll be going with her, I've been interested about liptun, and Melissa, lady yuri and I are friends, so you don't need to worry about us, but I do hope you can give Melissa your permission."
Duke agreed discontented "if your highness said so... I don't see why not. And it's quite surprise that you know where the Elizabeth family is but as long as Melissa didn't cause any trouble to you, your highness then I will agreed to it."
Melissa angry though 'at least put some trust on your daughter would you?'