Chapter 22!

Yuzu’s POV:

“Melanie…. Mei’s friend? Why does she do this to us?' I whispered, concentrating on Haru and Mitsuko. Something's not working out. I just want to go back and think this whole time.

Then my eyes widened, "Haru.. Melanie's the same person I saw in the park. I couldn't remember her face back then and she'd changed her style and it didn't strike me. But the police said she was killed. If she is, then who's behind the kidnapping," now it's as if we're back where we started.

Right, I'll text her and say, I'll tell her I'm coming for her. I don't want Mei to get hurt and we don't know if it's Melanie or anyone playing with her name.

“Haru….”, I dragged.

“Don’t do that Yuzu. Let's try and find a way. You can't go looking because we don't know what she's capable of doing," said Haru worried.

“But, I cannot let her to hurt Mei and we would not know why is she doing this until I talk to her”, I responded back and took the mobile and dropped a reply to that number, “I am ready to come to you”. I had an instant answer, "So quickly. I am so pleased. Visit Zoho Park and see a red car in the parking lot with the number XXXXXX. Go in and the driver will drop you off on the road, and then I'll let you know what has to be done."

I changed and managed my tears and asked Haru to drop me off at Zoho Park.

I saw the car as I was told and got into it and the ride was nearly 2 hours and I was dropped on an unknown road. Once the driver left, I felt stingy on my neck and found out I had been injected.

I guess I slept a little longer. I noticed I was sitting in a chair in a dark room just like Mei's. I wondered if Mei was in the same room.

"Mei... are you there?" I murmured softly.

I heard a weak tone, "Hmmm... Yuzu"

Mei’s POV:

"Is it really you Yuzu?" I asked how scared I was of facing someone else in that dark room.

"Yes, honey, we'll be out soon," said Yuzu.

Suddenly, the lights were on and I could not see correctly because I had seen the light for more than a week.  Someone approached us and I know it would be her, but part of me was praying that it shouldn’t be her.

Sadly, it was.

“Melanie….”, I uttered in shock.

"Mei, my friend... how are you?" and sat in the chair beside me. 

“Yuzu… long time…. I see you're getting hotter." She's staring at Yuzu's.

"Why are you doing this, Melanie?" Yuzu asked patiently, "you're not the same person I met at school. The Melanie I knew was shy and quiet".

Melanie was quiet for awhile. Then she approached Yuzu and fondled her hair, "You know... I came here like a shy girl. I was bullied at school and befriended Mei to keep away from my bullies. But after I was with her, I began to treat her like my real friend until you came along. Can you think of two friends who like the same person? When you first came to school, I fell in love with you. Your outgoing nature and caring for others pushed me toward you. Mei, being my friend, often gave a look on you that I couldn’t understand and when once I asked her, she explained about the past you both shared and yes, she said that she is still in love with you.” She suddenly came near and slapped across my face and I whimpered.

"Cut it out, Melanie." Do not harm her," pleaded Yuzu.

“ I have never got anyone in  my life and when I started talking with you, Yuzu… the crush I had on you started becoming to bubbled as Love, but one day I heard you speaking with Harumin that how much you love Mei and I started panicking. I'm Mei's friend and she said she was angry with you, but she needs to know why you disappeared. I don't want you two to talk, so I planned and deflected Yuzu by talking to her alone and putting some thoughts on her", she stopped for a while.

“What did you tell to Yuzu?”, I curiously asked.

"That you hated her," she smiled at me with a wide grin.

“What? What did you say?" , I turned to Yuzu and I said, "So Melanie told you that I hate you," and she nodded. The rage started boiling inside me.

"Why on earth did you do that, Mélanie?" You know I really liked Yuzu at school. I shared everything with you and you betrayed me”, I hissed angrily at Melanie only to see her shed some tears. There's something really wrong with that girl.

“It did hurt Mei. But I want her to be mine alone. That's what I said. I made the plan because it caused Yuzu to walk away from you, because I insisted that it was best for you. She believed in it and to deal with the pain she started going to other girls. That's not what I had in mind. Every day I spent time with Yuzu, I tried to get close to her, but she treated me like her friend alone," she saw Yuzu to get her reactions.

"And you slept with her?", I could not understand her and she smiled at me. 

“Yes, I did. I thought, after sleeping with her, I can change her to make her love me with my words.” She now pointed her fingers towards me, “and you… Even though, Yuzu started moving away from you in her own ways, you never stopped talking about her. It got on my nerves. And I didn't expect you to come to my place that day,' she said reluctantly.

"Disgusting...." I don't want to see her face now. The closer I fell to her presence, the angrier I felt.

"Melanie... you're the one that met me at the park, aren't you? Your style has changed to make it impossible for anyone to identify you. But, there was a news that you were killed," Yuzu asked Melanie who sent me shivers in my body. What? Melanie was a shy girl in school and she had security and trust issues. But, I couldn't assume that she'd become a cruel person like this. I rolled my eyes on Yuzu.

“You became smart, Yuzu….”, she laughed so much.