Chapter Ⅱ: The Mysterious Document

Jack's P.O.V (Point of View)

"Wow.....You look exactly like a real cop!" admired my younger sister, clapping her hands together playfully.

I took a good long look at my uniform and adjusted it in front of a tall mirror.

"You really think so Emma?"

I keeled down beside her as she ran her small, delicate fingers through my silvery-white locks.

"Positive." She nodded quickly, her bright hazel eyes twinkling with excitement.

"You always know what to say, don't you?"

I ruffled her hair back softly, which made her giggle.

"Being a police officer is so cool right? I mean, you get to chase criminals around town, wear an awesome uniform like.... Like all those cops on television!" She squealed, an ear to ear grin stretching across her innocent little face.

I let out a chuckle. "Yup, that's right."

Emma's eyes widened in an instant, as if she had remembered something, and the smile on her face faded away, soon replaced with a worried frown.

"But what if....."

"If what?"

"If I...never see you again?"

I was startled by her words.

"Emma, what do you mean by that?"

"Like....What if something happens to you one day? The same thing that happened to Mommy and Daddy?.... Then I'll be alone...." She whimpered.

"Jack.....

......I'm scared."

"Hey, slow down." I gave her a reassuring smile. "Nothing's gonna happen to me, I promise."

She held up her pinky finger. "Pinky promise?"

I hooked my finger around hers and jerked it lightly.

"Pinky promise." I echoed.

Emma wrapped her arms around my neck tightly and pulled me into a hug.

"Jack," she whispered next to my ear, her chin rested on my shoulder,

"Be safe, and good luck."

"Don't worry, I will."

Hiccup's P.O.V (Point of View)

By the time it was noon, the station was drowning in a sea of reporters and photographers, all furiously scribbling notes or shooting pictures, wanting the latest scoop.

"Officer Haddock! Over here!" A nosy reporter waved a microphone in front of me.

"Is it true that the infamous Snow Queen has started her killing spree again?"

I just can't stand these reporters. Someone is dead, yet they still have the audacity to ask questions like these, all they care about is updating their blogs.

I pushed the mic away in disgust and headed for the doors of the station.

I tried my best to ignore the three dozen flashbulbs exploding in my face as I made my way through the crowd.

I finally managed to inch my way in and slammed the doors shut. Sure enough, that's when the waves of people started to subside.

I plopped myself at my desk, using a handkerchief to remove the beads of sweat that had gathered on my forehead.

I felt the presence of someone walking up to me, before she placed her hand on my table.

"Hey," She said in a soft tone.