Chapter V: First Kill

Hi everyone! I'm so so so sorry for not updating this sooner......

I feel so bad right now... :(

I still hope you guys enjoy this! :)

Jack's P.O.V (Point of View)

A week flew by in an instant. Things were going well so far, or at least I thought they were.

For the past few days, I've been trying to break the ice with Elsa, but for some reason, she's always seemed reluctant to speak to me.

Even when I ask her questions, she'll only reply with a 'Yes', 'No', or just a brief response.

I can't help it, but I keep getting this nagging feeling that she's hiding the truth from me, her secret.

And I intend to find out what it is.

******

"Jaaaack...." whined Emma childishly, crossing her arms. "Do I have to go?"

"Yes you do. C'mon, it'll be fun." I replied.

She shot me one of her I-don't-believe-you-looks and rolled her eyes.

"That's what you always say, Jack." She responded, before rolling her eyes at me.

I don't always say that. Actually, come to think of it, maybe I do...

"Okay, okay. But you can't stay here alone at home."

"Why not?" she asked, annoyed. "I can take care of myself!"

"By 'taking care' of yourself, do you mean almost BURNING THE HOUSE DOWN?"

"It was just half of the kitchen..." Emma protested, flashing me a one of her 'reassuring' smiles.

Oh..... JUST half of the kitchen?

I grabbed her by her shirt collar and began tugging her towards the front door, ignoring her shrieks along the way.

"Listen here missy," I said sternly. "You could've burned the entire house down if it weren't for me putting out the fire with my powers."

"Yeah... So you could do it again if I do destroy more than half of the kitchen." she argued while trying to remove my hand from her collar.

"No, I can't. I can't allow anyone to find out that I have this ability. I was lucky nobody noticed it the last time." I explained.

Emma stopped struggling. "Ugh, fine. I'll go, for your sake."

I released my grip on her collar, which now had a delicate layer of frost on it.

"It won't be that bad, trust me." I reassured her with a smile.

"Whatever you say." She replied, dragging herself unwillingly to the car.

******

"Jack, the last time I checked, it isn't Bring-Your-Kid-To-Work-Day." chuckled Hiccup, glancing down at Emma who was clinging to my right leg.

"Wait. You have a child?! AT THIS AGE?!" shouted Ralph upon hearing our conversation.

I felt every single eye in the office shifting towards our direction with hushed whispers and mummers filling the air.

"Chill guys. She's just my sister." I explained.

Everyone heaved a sigh of relief and returned back to work.

Elsa was hardly bothered by the commotion as usual, and stayed wrapped up in her own thoughts.

Still keeping to herself I see......