Chapter IX: Seeking Out The Truth

A/N:

Hi guys! So before I start this chapter, I would just like to point out something. Anna and Elsa ARE SISTERS in this story, but they don't know that.

Now I'm not gonna explain why, as I don't wanna spoil anything for you guys. XD

Anyway, enjoy the chapter! :)

Jack's P.O.V (Point of View)

I took a glance back over my shoulder, but she was already gone without so much as a trace or a shadow.

The mysterious documents were finally in my possession, and I had the free will to do anything with them as I pleased, unless of course I get flushed out by the Chief for stealing, but that's a whole different story.

However, I could sense this strange feeling that they were beckoning me to flip through them, to uncover the secrets they were concealing all this while.

On the other hand, my mind was persuading me to do the exact opposite - To not get involved in this whole situation.

I grasped the stack of papers in my sweaty fingertips, crumpling the edges slightly. Tenseness was beginning to swell up within me, as I struggled to make the choice.

After much hesitation and a long 'battle', I guess my curiosity finally got the better of me, and triumphed as the winner.

I sucked in a much needed breath of air, before flipping the first page open.

No turning back now.

There were four names. I instantly recognized some of them as the people that Tori had mentioned the other day.

And right at the bottom of the page, typed in fine black letters, were the words 'The Snow Queen.'

It's her again. The name that sent chills down everyone's spine when I brought it up; the name which would make even the strongest of people stutter in fear when it was mentioned.

There has to be a connection between her and those people, but what exactly?

I turned to the next page to find out, and I instantly wished I hadn't.

They were all murder victims of a vicious, notorious serial killer still at large.

Pictures of a few bloody corpses, or whatever was left of their decapitated bodies filled the next few pages, each one getting more horrific and brutal with every page, making me cringe with utter disgust.

No wonder everyone wasn't so keen on bringing her up, considering the fact that she already took the lives of four different people mercilessly in cold blood.

But my curiosity wouldn't end its hunt for answers right there just yet.

Why would she kill these people in particular? I've heard of ruthless, psychotic murderers who simply take killing as just another hobby, but I had this nagging feeling that The Snow Queen wasn't one of them.

Could there be a pattern in the murders somehow? There had to be a connection of a sort, something that tied everything together, and it was up to me to find it. Possibly with some assistance.

I whipped out my phone, and punched in Elsa's number which I received from her the other day.

The consistent beeping tone toiled on as usual, until a muffled female voice on the other end responded to the call.

It definitely wasn't Elsa.

It had a hollow, raspy like voice, and didn't belong to anyone I knew.