Chapter Ⅲ: First Meeting

Hi everyone! I'm so, so sorry for not updating in such a long time! I've been rather busy at school again this week :(

I still hope you enjoy this chapter! :D

However, there's something I'd like to point out, which is Elsa and Jack will STILL HAVE their ice powers in this story.

Elsa's P.O.V (Point of View)

There was a hand in the darkness. It held a razor sharp ice shard.

The work they had been assigned to do had been completed, and both were wet with thick, red blood.

No.......What have I done?

*******

I dreaded coming to the station today. Just the sight of those wooden doors made me squirm with uneasiness.

I pushed them open, scrambled inside, and hastily rushed to the forensics lab, while trying to avoid eye contact with every person, especially one, whose gaze wouldn't leave me.

I leaned against the white walls of the lab, panting heavily.

Without warning, a splitting pain erupted in my head like a volcano, as I pressed a hand to my forehead wearily to lessen the pain.

The voice........ it's coming......

"Please.....just stop..." I begged.

"You know that isn't possible." It sneered haughtily in a menacing whisper.

My life had been a living nightmare, no, it was worse than that, ever since the terrifying chain of murders began to unfold.

"I'm doing this for your own good." It murmured again with an edgy tone.

Many people would plug their ears to block out unpleasant noises.....or advice. But for me, it wouldn't even be of any use as the voice was part of me, something that I could never be rid of no matter how hard I tried.

"No you're not! YOU'RE DESTROYING MY LIFE!" I screamed, cupping my hands over my ears, only to be responded by a knock on the door.

The throbbing pain disappeared in a flash, like it had never been there at all.

"Elsa? Are you okay? That's the third time I heard you talking to yourself."

Just hearing the friendly, optimistic voice of Anna instantly made me feel about a hundred times better.

She had always possessed the power to cheer anyone up, especially me.

Anna's like a ray of sunshine after a storm, brightening up even the cloudiest of my bad days.

She's exactly like the younger sister I........ lost...... about 10 years ago, whose name no longer exists in my memory.

"I...I'm alright. Nothing to worry about."

"Do you need anything like chocolate to lift your spirits?"

"I'll pass. I should probably get to work."

"Alright then. I'll be at my desk if you need me!" She replied, her footsteps growing softer as she walked away from the lab.

I looked down at the table. The victim's belongings had all been laid out on it for analysis. I hated that part the most.

All I had to do now was to remove any trace of evidence that could lead the cops one step away from discovering my terrible secret which I managed to keep for so long.