Chapter XIII: Jack's Trial

Elsa's P.O.V (Point Of View)

"Elsa! What are you doing?! St--"

I couldn't control myself. Neither could I look away from the thick, crimson blood that trickled down her neck like a sinister waterfall from the broad slash below her chin.

If I had a choice to take a glance at the death I'd brought upon her, or to gouge my own eyes out, I would willingly pick the second choice.

Every time this happened, my hands would be stained with someone's blood. Someone who didn't deserve their horrible fate.

Tonight, it was Tori's.

The blood slithered through my fingers like a deadly viper, curling its way onto my finger tips and down my arm.

The ice shard in my palm slipped from my grasp, before shattering into pieces upon smashing against the ground below.

My blank stare froze itself onto Tori's lifeless body, unable to look away.

"Elsa? Is that you?"

The sudden calling of my name snapped me back from the hypnotizing trance I was in, and within seconds, I recognized whom the voice belonged to.

"He can't see me like this... He can't!" I mumbled out in a series of panicked whispers, before melting into the darkness, concealing myself in the shadows.

"Forgive me, Jack..." I whispered, knowing full well about the horror and gore that'd been planted in his path by me. But sadly, there was nothing I could do about it.

I just stood there, surrounded by darkness, when the horrified gasp of Jack echoed throughout my ears, sending a wave of chills down my spine.

I stifled back the urge to scream the second I caught sight off Tori's decapitated head tumbling to the ground, a trail of blood tagging along with it as it rolled towards Jack.

I couldn't take it any longer. I had to drag myself away from the horrific scene, one way or another, when something stopped me dead in my tracks.

I took a quick glance around the corner, just in time to see Ralph stirring up a heated argument with Jack, which grew more intense as the seconds ticked by.

Without warning, Ralph seized him by his shirt collar, before slamming him into a nearby wall, striking me with a bolt of shock almost instantly.

"Jack!" I cried out in a soft tone, not wanting to pull attention to myself.

Part of me wanted to dash in and help, but the bloodstains on my clothes proved that the consequences would be severe if I did so.

I could only sit there and hope for the best.

However, it only took a drastic plunge for the worse.

The next thing I knew it, I saw Jack, lying motionlessly on the ground, a huge gash imprinted on his forehead, with streaks of blood trickling out of it.

"Cold - blooded killers like yourselves will be put to justice." Ralph declared scornfully, reaching for the pair on handcuffs on his belt, before chaining Jack's hands together. "I hope you'll get comfortable in jail, because that's where criminals like you belong."

Jack was being arrested?!

"This is all my fault..." I could feel a wave of panic just inches away from washing me over.

I have to do something, I can't let someone innocent, especially Jack take the fall for crime I committed.

********