High Heels and Haircuts

I grimaced as the hydrogen-peroxide stung my cuts, but I knew it was necessary to avoid infection.

"Sorry, sweetie, you're a tough one, though," said the nurse, Mrs. Blackwell.

"Thanks, and you don't have to call my home about it," I said, silently pleading for her to agree. My dad would be livid if he found out people were bullying me again as I told him they had stopped after one incident where my hair had been cut by some stoner girl.

"Sorry, but you know the rules," she said, picking up the phone. Why did I even come here? This was so stupid, I should've cleaned myself up.

"Hello? May I ask who is speaking?...Oh yes, of course. Just making sure you are her parent...Okay...Well, yes, I am Mrs. Blackwell, the school nurse, and I'm afraid Dylan has been a victim of what seems to be bullying...It's not that bad, is that necessary?....Oh yes, well, in that case, I'll have her sign out, I am so sorry for your loss," Mrs. Blackwell said hanging up the phone. She turned to look at me with a sorry look in her eyes.

"Who died?"

"I'm sorry, I'm afraid Fluffy was injured with the neighbor's weed whacker," she said, sighing. Don't get me wrong, I felt bad for "Fluffy", but I was too confused to really show my sympathy. I didn't know anyone named Fluffy.

"What the hell?"

"Language, Dylan!" I was scolded and I grimaced at her tone of voice.

"Sorry, but who the heck is Fluffy?"

"Your dog?" Mrs. Blackwell raised her eyebrow and I nodded, knowing there must be some reason behind the made up dog. I didn't have any pets ever since my goldfish died in the third grade.

"Oh, yes, of course! Fluffy! Oh no! I just always called him Fluff, so my bad! Oh no!" I wailed dramatically and the nurse rubbed my back in sympathy. I was so going to be laughing about this with Conner later. If only this was on video, I would win an Oscar or something.

"There, there. Your mother is coming to pick you up so you can say your goodbyes," Mrs. Blackwell said and I realized mom was probably just looking for an excuse to get me out of school. I pretended to sniffle as I waited outside of the clinic for my mom to pick me up.

I looked up when I heard heels clacking against the floor to meet the eyes of someone who was certainly not my mother.

"Alexx?" I asked her, puzzled. What the heck was going on?

"Sweetie, I am so sorry about Fluffy!" Alexx pulled me into a tight hug and I brought my face to her ear.

"What are you talking about?" I whispered to her.

"That nurse is watching, play along," Alexx said and I pulled back, only to pretend to cry in her shoulder as I grieved the loss of my non-existent dog.

"We'll be going, thank you," Alexx called to the nurse and she nodded.

"Fluffy will be in my prayers," she replied and Alexx thanked her, before ushering me down the hallway. I heard a few slams and looked up to see a few boys laughing so hard they were banging against the lockers at whatever was so funny. Their eyes froze as their eyes traveled up Alexx's figure. She was wearing black, lace tights, a black leather mini skirt, and a neon green peplum top with matching heels. She had an amazing figure and she had gone over her makeup since this morning and I had to admit, she was very stunning.

One of the boys whistled at her and she shot him a glare.

"Ow, ow!" Said another one, wagging his eyebrows suggestively.

"Cougar alert!" Shouted another one, running up to Alexx and slinging his arm around her. I eyed Alexx and she clenched her fists and bit her jaw, stopping her walking.