Night Out

Didn't have time to finish the last scene, sorry. Next chapter. Cliffhanger warning. But some background info. on Alexx, and some interesting new people, and a confrontation with Robert. How will that go? I mean he seems pretty nice...but I don't know. Haha read on.

It was the end of the day and I had managed to avoid Robert the whole time. I didn't want to confront him, though I knew however he reacted, it would be better once I knew the outcome. Waiting was the worst part, but I was too cowardly to say anything. 

"This is really making you nervous, isn't it?" Conner leaned against the locker next to mine as I gathered the books I needed to complete my homework. 

I shrugged. "We're good friends."

"He wants to be more than that, though," Conner mumbled grumpily. Looks like the little green monster strikes again.

"Conner, that doesn't matter. He's like a brother to me. I'm with you. Honestly, you have nothing to worry about," I said, standing on my tip toes to give him a quick peck on the lips, which Conner soon turned into a heavy make-out session. I was getting carried away and decided to break apart before he could take it further.

"Conner, not here, in public!"

"Sorry. I've just been wanting to do that for a while. I still can't believe you're my girlfriend!" I smiled at the toothy grin on his face. He looked so cute! I voiced my opinion out loud.

"My manliness has just dropped like fifty gazillion points right now, Dyl! No guy ever wants to be called cute," Conner said, pouting. That didn't exactly help his case. It made him look even more cute! I was about to tell him this when his expression changed to one of shock.

"What is it?"

"I'll meet you at the car. I think you have some business to attend to," Conner said quickly. I shot him a confused look when I felt a tap on my shoulder. If Conner left that could only mean...

"Dylan." Robert's voice was cold and emotionless. What was he thinking? Did he know about Conner and I? Did he hate me?

"Uh...Robert, hey!" This was so awkward.

"Is there anything you wanted to tell me?" His voice was stern and demanding. It didn't reveal much of his emotions, but I thought I could sense some anger in his undertone.

"So...I didn't know that Conner and I had kissed before. I confronted him about it last night and well, we kissed again. And then we talked some and other stuff and um...now we're dating. Please don't hate me, I'm so sorry! I want to be friends with you so badly! I just don't feel the same chemistry between us as between Conner and I!" It came out really fast and jumbled, but I know he understood me by the way his expression darkened. Robert's fist tightened and I had never seen him this angry.

"SHIT!" His fist slammed into the locker next to me and everyone in the hall turned to stare at us. The sound was loud and the locker had a dent in it. Robert's hand was cut up and bleeding.

"Robert! Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry!" I frantically grabbed his hand and tried to apply pressure to the wound with my shirt, but he snatched his fist out of my grasp.

"Why are you sorry?"

"This is all my fault!"

"Your fault? How?" He seemed genuinely confused.

"How is it not my fault? I'm the one whose going out with Conner!"

"Well clearly I am not going out with him! I'm straight and have better taste than that anyways," Robert muttered. Was it bad that I still found him cute even though I was with Conner? His pouty face was adorable! Thinking he was cute, as in a puppy dog way, didn't mean anything, though. I thought of him as a brother!