If opinions could be wrong

It was twelve thirty on a school night and I was still awake, which was against my best interest considering I had a major test in second period. I had been talking to Robert for the past two hours. With most people, other than Conner, I had many awkward conversations, since I always ran out of things to talk about with them. With Robert, we never stopped our conversation and neither one of us had to force anything, it just carried on naturally. We were so alike, too! It was interesting knowing we had so many things in common, unlike Conner and I who always bashed heads. For some reason, I couldn't stop comparing the two main guys who invaded my thoughts throughout the day.

"WHAT? How could you like Princess Lea with Luke Skywalker? They're siblings! That's gross!" I whisper-yelled over the phone because everyone else in my house was sleeping, as they had all gone to bed hours ago. Personally, I thought that Luke was hot, but then I searched the actor and he's just some old guy now. Therefore, his looks played no role in my thoughts on his relationship with his sister.

"They were just so compatible," Robert argued and I gasped in the horror of his opinions. If opinions were like facts, and they could be wrong, Robert would be wrong.

"There is something wrong with you if you think that is acceptable. It's like sister wives, completely and morally wrong," I complained.

"Okay, that's completely off topic, but, yes, that is weird. So if you don't like sister wives, how do you feel about open relationships?" Personally, I had nothing against anyone who did have another woman married to their husband, but I just would want the guy I was married with to myself. Selfish, perhaps, but some things, or some people, are just not meant to be shared. (A/N Nothing against sister wives, not meaning to offend anyone whose culture is like that, but if you want to bash me about marriage with one person feel free to comment and get your anger of this section off of your chest, thank you)

"Open relationships? As in 'Oh yeah, let's date, but still hook up with other people because we can't actually do commitment because that would be responsible and we should just play the field and no strings attached, no hard feelings'?"

"Yeah, those. I guess that's kind of like the sister wives thing, right?"

"Yes and no. Marriage is the real deal," I said.

"Will you marry me, Dylan?" Robert flirted without missing a beat and I laughed. He had been doing this more frequently the more I got to know him.

"Oh yes, where would our honeymoon be? Some warm, cozy ski lodge up in the Swiss Alps? Somewhere hot like the beach?"

"Oh honey, anywhere with you is hot. I saw your legs today and might I say your ass looks particularly fine when you climb trees," he joked. But maybe he wasn't joking because I had actually gone first up the tree after the "gentleman" I was talking to claimed "ladies first". I thought he was just being chivalrous!

"You're such a little pervert," I said, but I couldn't help the tired yawn that escaped my lips at the end of my sentence.

"Oh crap. I didn't realize the time. Sorry for keeping you up so late, you must be exhausted," he apologized. I didn't care about the time or that I would likely fail my test in the morning. I just liked talking to him!

"Good night," I said, realizing that I did need some sleep even though I didn't want to stop talking to him.

"Okay, I'm going to hang up now," he said and I giggled a little bit at how he was stating the obvious. He didn't have to tell me that!

"You do that," I said.

"Actually, you hang up," he said, changing his mind.

"You hang up."