Dylbill

Starting dedication for best comments!

Last chapter comment (accidental, but still best comment) by dramagirl818: Horny! :) Dylan is such a badass!

Next comment by same person: Oh God I swar I meant "Hooray"

Thought that was funny!!! COMVO and do you want to check out my other stories? You do? Sure! Thanks! That's great! I'm just going to imagine you said yes.

I tugged on the material of the royal blue dress, but it would not go down to mid-thigh with the clingy material it was made of. The dress was royal blue and criss-crossed in the back. I slipped on the black studded heels and added my new leather jacket. I picked up the curling iron and recurled a few strands of my hair that had started to go back to being straight. I spritzed on some perfume and then was ready to go.

I made my way down the stairs and my mother stood there, clapping her hands together.

"Oh sweetie! You look beautiful! I remember my first high school party like it was yesterday. I think you're going to have a great time," mom gushed. She motioned for me to come closer and I groaned as she fixed a few pieces of my hair that had fallen at awkward angles.

"Bye mom, love you," I said, as I heard the beep outside. I kissed her on the cheek and then walked out towards Conner. He had been acting weird all day, so I hoped this car ride would get us back to how we always were.

"Hey, Connie, how's it going?" I asked, slipping into the passenger seat. He smiled when he saw me, his eyes travelling down to observe my outfit, stopping at the top of the dress and then again at my legs. Was he checking me out?

"Conner?"

"Oh dear Lord, I am going to have a hard time keeping those guys off of you tonight," he said, running a hand through his hair and I laughed at his frustration.

"I'm not your liability, I'll be okay on my own. You don't have to keep anyone off of me. Conner, I love you to death, but chill out and stop being so overprotective, big bro," I said and he nodded, looking away from me as he started driving down my road.

Just as I feared, the car ride was full of an awkward silence that was foreign between Conner and I. I turned on the radio, in hopes of easing the tension, but it just made the car feel so much emptier with no one singing along to the music. I tapped my foot impatiently and Conner drummed his fingers on the steering wheel.

After a few more silent minutes, Conner pulled up on the side of a mansion, where a bunch of other cars were parked. I saw lights of different colors flashing through the windows and I could hear the car shaking with the pound of the loud bass. Conner went to open his door, but I stopped him, grasping the car handle and pulling it shut.

"What, Dylan?" He said my name in a way I had never heard before, like he was reluctant to have to bother with uttering that one word. He usually said it with so much spark and it would just roll of his tongue in the most peculiar way, making me feel so special.

"Why are you being so moody? Can we go back to the way things were?"

"What, best friends?"

"Yes, Con, you're my brother from another mother," I said and his face turned into a scowl.

"Stop saying that. Let's go, loser," he said, hopping out of his side and slamming the door shut with a great force. What did I say? Does he not like being called Con?

Conner and I walked in together, but he was a few steps ahead of me at all times, still in the bad mood he had been in all day long. I rolled my eyes as he didn't even hold the door for me, and I stepped into the large house, instantly wrinkling my nose at the smell of booze and vomit. I gave one last futile tug to my dress and then looked up to see two grey eyes glaring at me in distaste. Sarcastically, I blew a kiss Dalton's way, but his eyes squinted more, to an even bigger glare, and he shot me the finger before disappearing among the throngs of dancing people. I didn't have time to see where he went before someone came up to chat with Conner and I.