Prologue

(Y/n) never thought her life could get any better than it was at this very moment. Sitting home alone, waiting for Phil, the love of her life, to get home from work as she sat on their super comfortable couch watching television and eating ice cream. She had been bumped up in her job two promotions in the last two years, and was now making more money than she had ever been in her life. Phil was great off working as a schoolteacher, but with some of the new extracurricular activities the school was having him do, he was making more than before.

Sighing as she stuck another spoonful of cookies and cream ice cream in her mouth, she let out a happy sigh, content with her life. There was just one small thing, however, that she wanted more than anything, and that was to marry Phil Wenneck.

After Stu's wedding two years ago, their small conversation about the future and marriage had been brought up, and she told him that she would love to become his wife. (Y/n) had never loved anyone as much as she did Phil, and she never thought that her best friend from high school would soon become the one person she couldn't live without. But, after that night in Las Vegas, they saw each other as something more, and they realized that it might just be worth trying the relationship out. (Y/n) had never been more glad for a 'sex scare' in her life, otherwise she might not be where she is now.

When she heard the door open, she looked back to see Phil coming through, keeping the door open just a little bit as she got up from the couch to hug him. "Hi, baby," he said, giving her a kiss as he came through the door, holding her close.

"Hey. How was work?" she asked once they pulled away, playing with the tie beneath his vest.

"Kids don't fuckin' know how to do anything," he stated bluntly, and she laughed at his claim. Considering this was the first week of the new school year, Phil had to deal with an entirely new class of middle schoolers, which was always his least favorite part of his career. "You can't get them to sit still, you can't get them to do homework, it's- Jesus Christ, it was a bad day."

"Well, maybe give them some of that classic Phil Wenneck teacher-charm. They'll warm right up to you," she said, patting his chest gently.

Phil grinned at her before looking behind the door at something and saying, "Hey, there's, uh, something I need to show you."

"Okay?" she said in a questioning voice, an eyebrow raised as she smiled.

Phil went to go get whatever it was he wanted, before turning back to her and saying, "Close your eyes. It'll make it better." Looking at him, she sighed with a shake of her head and a smile before closing her eyes and standing there, waiting for whatever he had to give her. "All right, you can open them now."

Opening her eyes, she looked to see a small kennel on the floor in front of Phil, who opened the door to reveal a small German Shepherd puppy who came zooming out of the crate for her.

She gasped at the little red ribbon around his neck, and bent down to pet the little thing, "Oh, my goodness! Hello!" she said to the baby, who twirled around in excitement, yipping and jumping up onto her legs, trying to lick her face

She gasped at the little red ribbon around his neck, and bent down to pet the little thing, "Oh, my goodness! Hello!" she said to the baby, who twirled around in excitement, yipping and jumping up onto her legs, trying to lick her face. "Phil! He's adorable! Oh, my God! I've always wanted a German Shepherd!"