Chapter 9

While driving towards the large hotel, Stu thought it a good idea to call up Marshall and let him know that they were on their way to obtaining Chow so that he would be around Las Vegas when they needed him to retrieve Doug. Dialing on his phone, he put it on speaking for everyone in the car to hear.

"Yeah," they heard the passive, aggressive 'hello' of Marshall.

"We got him!" Stu exclaimed, but (Y/n) didn't think that the best way to word it.

"Great. Where is he?"

"Caesar's Palace."

"Change of plans. Tell him we're going to Vegas," they heard Marshall say on the phone, probably to one of his henchmen. "I'm on my way. There's a spot just outside of town. I'll text you to the details. Be there at 6:00 am. And make sure the little fucker's tied up."

Glances of worry were exchanged between the four of them as Stu whispered away from the phone, "We don't have him!"

Phil, deciding to take things into his own hands, spoke from across the car. "Hey, Marshall. It's Phil. Maybe Stu wasn't clear. We don't actually have Chow, we just know where he is."

"Yeah, and we were hoping that you and your guys could go to Caesar's and get him," Stu finished, and (Y/n) put her head in her hands. There was no way a criminal boss like Marshall would take time out of his day like that.

"I don't give a fuck what you were hoping. The deal is you bring Chow to me."

"Oh, fuck," Phil breathed, their situation getting a whole lot harder.

"6:00 am, or your friend is dead."

Stu put his phone down when the call cut off, and dread spread through all of them at once. "Shit," Phil whispered, looking over at Stu for a moment before keeping his eyes back on the road.

"Phil, speed up a little bit more," (Y/n) urged, and she felt the limo go faster as soon as she said it. "Goddamn it... this just got so much more difficult."

"We can't waist any more time. We've gotta get Chow, now," Phil spoke just as she finished, and quickly turned the corner to reach Caesar's Palace. Quickly parking in the roundabout on the other side of the front entrance, the four of them got out of the car as they looked up at the familiar hotel where they lost Doug, and where Alan roofied them. "All right. I'll go up there and see what the situation is. You stay down here in case he leaves or something." Phil looked at the three of them, and they nodded their heads in agreement.

"Don't get caught," (Y/n) called after him quietly, biting her nail gently as she watched him go into the front entrance of the hotel.

"Oh, God," Stu groaned, looking up at the large hotel. "This place gives me the chills."

"I know, right?" Alan said in a gleeful voice. "It's great to be back. So many good memories."

"Are you kidding me?" Stu asked him in repulsion.

"I want to leave," (Y/n) stated, running a hand through her hair. "God, I hate this place."

"At least you've got a mind on what makes this place so awful," Stu mumbled to her so Alan couldn't hear.

"Yeah, he doesn't know because he's the one who drugged us. Twice," (Y/n) spoke just as quietly, sending Alan a glare as the bearded man looked up at Caesar's Palace in awe and nostalgia.

"Okay, so, here's the deal," they heard Phil say as he came back from his surveillance run. "You need a key just to get onto his floor. And then once you're there, he's got security posted at the door. It's ridiculous."