Chapter 12

When the day of (Y/n) and Phil's wedding finally came, they split up before the wedding so that the groom would not see the bride before their wedding, or the wedding dress. The one she picked was simple, just like the wedding ring Phil had given her, but she absolutely adored wearing it. It was tight on her torso and flared out at the waist, sleeveless with a sweetheart neckline. She had her hair half up half down, and a camellia flower bouquet.

Lauren had been chosen to be (Y/n)'s maid of honor, while Doug was Phil's best man. Lauren gushed over how beautiful (Y/n) looked when she stepped out in her white wedding gown, Tracy beside her with Linda there to help. Jade has also made the trip from Vegas to see her get married. Even if the reception was small, (Y/n) wanted Jade there to see the marriage. They had spoken a lot more since they saw each other the last time, and now try to make it a monthly thing to get together halfway between Vegas and L.A. to chat.

(Y/n) and Phil chose Todd to be the ring bearer, and he looked adorable in his little bowtie that sat on his collar. They thought that because he gave (Y/n) the engagement rings, he should be the one to give them their wedding rings. Stu was still the one Todd absolutely adored more than almost anyone, except (Y/n) and Phil, at the wedding, and liked to stick by him when neither of his owners were around. This made it easier for the two of them to prepare.

A knock on (Y/n)'s door shot her from her thoughts as she looked in the standing mirror. Linda went to open the door, and Doug came in looking dapper in his suit to see (Y/n). "Wow, (Y/n), you look beautiful," he said with a wide grin, and she couldn't help but smile back. Today was what she had been hoping for.

"Thank you, Doug," she said, and brought him in for a hug. "Have you spoken to Phil yet?"

"Just got back from that," Doug said, and she tilted her head at him. "He's trying to seem like he's not nervous, as usual."

"Wouldn't be Phil if he wasn't," (Y/n) said with a shrug, and hesitated before speaking once more. "Do you think you could show me where he is? I'm not gonna let him see me, I swear, I just want to talk to him."

"Is that breaking the rules?" Lauren asked, putting her finger up to her chin in wonder.

"Well, as long as they don't see each other, they'll be fine," Tracy stated, standing up from her seat to stand next to her husband. "I say go for it. We'll find you when it's time."

(Y/n) nodded her head and looked over at Doug, who shrugged as if to say, 'I don't see why not'. Heading out of the room, she walked through the venue until she heard the familiar voice of Phil speaking with Stu and Alan. Stopping just before she turned the corner, she listened to their conversation as Phil was standing in the doorway of his room, the other boys standing outside to speak.

"You ready, bud?" Stu asked, and (Y/n) but her lip as she listen to them speak.

"Ready as I'll ever be," Phil sighed, but there was a smile in his voice as he cleared his throat. "Were you this... full of nerves?"

"You mean nervous?" Stu asked with a light chuckle, and (Y/n) knew that Phil would be looking at him in annoyance of the fact that he just outed that he was nervous. "Come on, Phil. There's no shame in being nervous for your wedding."

"I'm not nervous, Stu. I just-" Phil started, pausing in between his words with an exhale as the other two men waited for him to speak. "Am I really good enough for a woman like (Y/n)? I mean she knows who I was before we stared dating but, fuck, man, I don't get how she stayed with me."

"Phil, if you don't want her, Neeco would probably take her," Alan stated, and (Y/n) scrunched her face up at the thought.

"Alan, no, I'm not breaking it off with (Y/n)," Phil stated, shaking his head and looking at the shorter man. "And even if I was, I wouldn't let Neeco near her."