Chapter 7

(Y/n)'s vision was locked on the landscape they passed as the limousine drove through the Mexican fields and hills. After a few moments, she began to notice similarities between the direction they were headed, the view, and the familiarity of their drive. Furrowing her eyebrows, she looked out the window past Phil, causing him to look at her oddly.

"You good?" he asked, taking his hand away from his face.

"I don't know... I feel like we've been on this route before," she stated, and looked back to her side of the car to continue scanning the view. Looking around at the hills and the buildings that they passed, she nodded her head and said, "Yeah, we've definitely been this way before."

"When would we have gone this way except... the villa?" Phil began putting the pieces together. (Y/n) looked at him and shrugged, guessing just as much as he was. "Why would the owner of the villa want to see us after we fucking trashed his house."

"Don't ask me, I'm just the messenger," (Y/n) passively stated, her eyes looking from her fiancée to back to the window. Sighing, she shook her head as they approached the familiar gates of the Mexican villa, saying, "I've got a bad feeling about this."

When the driver opened the door to let them out, he said, "Welcome back," and let them all look in cluelessness at the large house.

Phil walked a few paces past the car, looking around at the house. Turning to the others, he spoke, "What the fuck?"

"Let's go, guys," the driver called to them, and led them inside the house. Walking through it, they could see people assessing the damage that Chow had reaped on the place, the axe in the painting still stuck inside. "Out to the back," the driver said, pointing out to where the pool was.

Continuing their path, they hesitantly headed out towards the pool. When they turned the corner, they saw a familiar face looking up at them from a seat next to the pool, shock and relief in his eyes. "Doug?" Phil asked in concern, seeing the state of him.

"Guys. Careful-" Doug tried to say, standing from his seat, but Doug 2 quickly raced to his side and pulled him back by his arm.

"Get your ass back over here," Doug 2 hissed, yanking him back from them.

"Doug!" (Y/n) exclaimed, and tried to run over to him, but Phil held her back once he saw the man sitting in a pool chair beside them. Turning her head, she paled at the sight of him.

"Leslie Chow never lived here," Marshal stated, looking up at them through his sunglasses. "You didn't break into his old house. You broke into my house."

The four of them stood there absolutely bewildered. "I don't understand..." Phil said in a soft voice (Y/n) had never heard from him. He was truly scared and confused.

Standing from his chair, Marshall approached them, and (Y/n) stepped back further from him and closer to her guys. "You didn't get back the gold he stole from me. You got the other half that he didn't."

"Oh, my God!" Stu gasped, unable to believe how badly they had just messed up.

"Wait, you mean the half he never had?" Phil specified, and (Y/n) dropped her arms in stupefaction. They had just stolen from a real deal criminal leader, and he seemed pissed off as hell at them.

"He's a world-class rat, and you four were his accomplices," Marshall claimed, pulling a gun from his pocket, causing the four of them to back up and try to talk over one another to get him to listen.

"We had no idea!" Stu said.

"We were trying to help you. We thought you'd be happy!" Phil stated, trying to regain some of the good side of this world-class murderer.