²// 24.11.1982

Same day
Few hours ago
08:08 pm

"Namjoon, are you going already?" Asked a blonde headed boy when he saw Namjoon folding his apron and keeping it in his locker.

"Oh yeah! Ummm...my shift will get over at 8, from today onwards." Namjoon said with a smile plastered on his face, struggling to lock the locker.

"I see. Why the sudden change in the shift?" Asked the same boy again, looking at Namjoon with his small cat eyes.

"My college vacations are over and because exams are approaching I need to stay there overtime. Just the professors taking extra classes, you know."

Yoongi nodded as he wore his apron and waited for the customers to come.

•••

Kim Namjoon, 20 years old, a second year-engineering college student. Tall and well built physique along with an intelligent brain. Literally the definition of Handsome with brains. But a bit clumsy.

He lives alone in a cheap apartment because he can't afford the expensive ones. He's from Ilsan, South Korea but because of his extraordinary intelligence he was selected to study in one of the best universities in Osaka, Japan and the government will be providing him scholarships.

He works part time as a waiter in a local cafe which is just a few metres away from his apartment. His college gets over at 3 in the noon and the shift starts at 4 then ends at 8 in the night.

His hobbies are reading books, writing poems, riding bikes, exploring nature and absorbing knowledge.

Everyday after his shift would get over he'd first go to the restaurant next to his working place to have dinner and then to the library to quench his thirst for reading. It's a bit far from there, maybe a kilometer or two but then there's his comrade, his bike.

•••

He pulled the brake as his left leg stretched for support. He pushed the glass door after he stood the bike to a corner, and went inside.

"Good evening, Miss. Tanaka." He greeted the old lady who was supposed to be the librarian and walked to book the shelf.

"It's almost nine, son. Aren't you late today?" She asked, her face reflecting a worried look.

He paused his book hunt and peeps behind the wooden shelf, "Shifts changed because college reopened." He replied to her, who continued her knitting.

He pulled out a novel with a grey cover and sat on a seat beside the glass window, where he used to sit everyday.

"Snow country" Namjoon speaks softly before flapping the cover then reading it ahead, silently and with full interest.

His concentration was disturbed only when he felt his chair shaking and at the same time he heard a loud snap of someone hitting the wooden floor.

"AHHHH!! MOMMA!!" cried a boy, both Namjoon and the old lady rushed inside.

"Jesus! Are you alright? What were you even doing at the staircases at such an hour?'' asked the terrified old lady while Namjoon helped the whimpering boy to stand up.

"I don't know Grandma, I just woke up, hehe." The lad said while rubbing his butt, he chuckled. His swollen eyes almost disappeared when his bunny teeth came to light.

Namjoon scoffed as he picked the pillow from the floor and handed it to the boy,"Oh! Hey brother, you're late today."

He nodded,"You should go and sleep, Jungkook. Goodnight."

Jungkook nodded as he yawned and climbed upstairs, still rubbing his hip.

"Son, you should be going back too, it's quite late. Moreover, I assume you must have classes tomorrow." She suggested and quickly got Namjoon's nod.

While Namjoon was coming back to pick the book up, his eyes paused somewhere in the corner at "Book recommendation".

He changed his path from his table to the recommendation corner as he read the name of the novel that was kept there by someone along with a sticky note on it.

First of all, in a library like this where most of the customers were the royals, who don't read books as a hobby but just to read the titles and a few lines for boasting.

Wasn't it strange someone had actually recommended a book? Okay. But what was even more strange was the sticky note above it that read, "Me too!"

Strange? How?

Because the title of the book was "I JUST WANT TO DIE"

>>•••<<