²⁴// 17.12.1982

07:00 am

"Ah! Young men these days surely are crazy for books." Miss. Tanaka murmured as she witnessed a boy at the door the moment she opened it.

Jin smiled when he saw the lady and asked if he could come inside,"I was just about to clean the outside, you may go and sit inside, it's pretty cold out here." She said as she went outside alone with a broomstick in her hand and a bucket full of water.

"Miss. Umm...your...back won't hurt?"

"HA HA HA, we older people are much stronger than your generation thinks." She laughed and shrugged him off.

She walks outside and Jin walks towards the corner. 'AH! Did he come after that? Oh God! Why did I go?' First few minutes, he regretted not waiting longer the last day but as soon as the note hitted his mind, his eyes gleamed in happiness.

He smiled nonchalantly, as if not accepting the fact that he was more than happy.

When she came back after cleaning, Jin speaks

"Miss at what time does the library get closed everyday?"

"Although the closing time is fifteen past nine, there is a boy who only gets time to come during the night time. Trust me, he's a book worm. No! I'd rather say a bibliophile.

Earlier he used to come and spend whole days but due to his school he now only gets time in the dark. So,because of that child, I extended the time to ten or even eleven. Depends on him, whenever I see him getting tired I'd just shoo him away."

Jin's heart suddenly starts pounding upto the point that he can hear his own heartbeats.

"Miss. Could you...umm...if you don't mind...could you tell me more about him." He asked, in a shaky voice.

The lady wasn't surprised at all, all she did was smile as she turned away,"I will be back after half an hour."

Jin was all giddy inside, he smiled and walked towards the corner, lifted up a pen from the penholder and added onto the note.

Note: ✔︎ Tomorrow!

He waited for the lady to come back, until then he imagined what the boy must look like, while writing the note. At what table would he sit if he would read?

"Look I am back!" He looked up, the lady kept two bowls of hot noodles at the table and herself sat opposite to Jin.

"It's gonna be a long day!" She gave him the chopsticks which he accepted after bowing slightly.

>>•••<<