Darkest Hour

After a brutal fight to secure the Omega Keys, the Autobots were now in a standoff with the Decepticons, for both control of the Omega Lock and the safety of their human friends. As Jack, Thomas, Raf and Miko stood inside their pods, the Autobots had to make a terrible choice.

Miko:(Bangs the inside of her pod) Not how I wanted to spend my first trip to Cybertron.

Megatron: Starscream.

Starscream: Jack. It's time to come out and play.

Starscream ran his claws on the outside of the pod, making Jack shudder at the sound.

Jack: Go ahead! The Autobots were prepared to sacrifice themselves for my planet. I'll do the me for theirs!

Miko: Me too! Creepy!

Thomas: Me three!

Raf just nodded nervously as he agreed.

Megatron: Perhaps we should oblige them.

The kids may be willing to go through with their sacrifice, but Optimus wasn't.

Optimus: If my decision dooms the future of the Autobot cause on Cybertron, so be it. But I will never forsake our human allies.

Optimus then took his Star Saber and stuck it into the ground. He then slowly backed away to the other Autobots. Arcee grumbled and then took off the Apax Armor before tossing it next to the Star Saber. One by one, the other Autobots threw their relics at the pile. The kids could only look down glumly.

Megatron: Now, if you please, the Omega Keys. (Holds out hand) One at a time.

Knockout:(steps forward) You first, big boy.

Bulkhead looked at Optimus who nodded in approval at him. The green wrecker grudgingly stepped forward with his Omega Key. Before placing the key into Knockout's servo, Bulkhead had a little warning for him.

Bulkhead: If I don't get the girl, I'll make you eat this key!

Knockout:(Sassy) You're welcome.

As Bulkhead took Miko's pod, she too had something to say.

Miko: Get scrapped!

As Bulkhead rejoined the others, Titania stepped up.

Titania: You're next Ranger!

Dodger glared at Titania and then looked to Optimus who gave him a nod as well. Dodger stepped forward with his Omega Key until he was within spitting distance of the black and pink femme.

Titania: Well? The key? (Holds out hand)

Dodger: Get fragged Glitch!

Dodger slammed the key into Titania's servo before taking Thomas' pod. As Dodger carried Thomas away, Titania looked at Roadflare who glared back at her former friend. Once Dodger rejoined the others, it was Bumblebee's turn. He walked over to Soundwave with his Omega Key. Once close enough, Bumblebee gave his key to Soundwave as he grabbed Raf's pod, bleeping threatningly at the faceless spymaster along the way. With Raf safe, Bumblebee rejoined the others. But Megatron had something else in mind for Jack.

Megatron: If this human was important enough to entrust with the Matrix of Leadership, he's worth three Omega keys.

Optimus nodded to Arcee who stepped forward with her Omega Key. He then nodded to Smokescreen who took his and Gulfstream's Omega Keys before stepping forward. As the two Autobots stepped forward, Starscream roughly placed Jack's pod on the ground as Titania came next to him.

Starscream: No tricks. (Points missiles) The keys, if you please. (Holds out servos)

Smokescreen gave one key to Titania, the other to Starscream. Arcee gave her key to Starscream before taking Jack's pod. Starscream backed away as Arcee kneeled down to give Jack a reassuring smile. But soon another spacebridge opened up and another squad of Vehicons showed up. They surrounded the Autobots with blasters out.