Chapter 3.

I followed them on a motorbike I hot wired, keeping a car lengths away as we made our way through the city. It was night time now and I couldn't help but look up at the moon, images of Khonshu flashing before I shook them out my mind. That so called 'God' really ruined looking at the moon for me, makes me think what the other gods of Egypt look like. Things of further nightmares I'm sure.

The cops in the car ahead pulled off the main road, my eyebrows raising in suspicion. This isn't the road to the station, or any station for that matter. It's just some small housing estate, I bloody knew the cops were dodgy. I revved my bike and speed up. Parking behind the car and jumping off as the male officer stepped out. I was already grabbing his throat and pinning him to the car before he knew what was going on.

"I knew I should've knocked you out. Why did you bring him here?!" I yelled at him, my eyes glowing orange as my energy surged through me in anger, his feet lifting off the floor as I heard footsteps come toward me.

"That isn't necessary. I don't want to harm Steven."

The male voice from the museum spoke from behind me, the sound of crushed glass peaking my curiosity as I looked him up and down.

"Well forgive me to be apprehensive. You did send a demon dog after him the other night." I threw the so called 'cop' to the ground as if he was nothing. My body moving to the door to let Steven out the car.

"We are leaving. Let's go." I pulled him out and let out a small amount of energy so I could break him out the cuffs.

"I'm sorry but I can't let you do that. We need to have a conversation."

I pursed my lips as Steven rubbed his wrists, my patience wearing thin. "Couldn't have just picked up the phone? Kidnapping him seems a little much." I kept my body in between Steven and this stranger. My eyes watching him as I could see him surrounded in a deep purple energy, it looked like it was originating from the old man cane of his.

"Kill him!"

I looked to the rooftop above me, Khonshu sitting like a damn gargoyle on the edge as he yelled orders at my friend. I narrowed my eyes at him and flipped him off.

"He's talking to you isn't he? What's he saying? Is he telling you to kill me?"

"Break his windpipe!"

"Well remember you don't have to do everything he asks." The man looked at Steven before directing his gaze toward me. "I do find it interesting though that you can see him."

I shrugged, my eyes looking at everyone watching us with guns. What was this place? Some kind of cult? Is he the next Charlie Manson? I looked at his clothes, pausing, it wouldn't surprise me actually.

"I'm Arthur Harrow." He extended his hand to me, did I look dumb? I'm not shaking hands with this dude.

"I'd say it's a pleasure but I'd be lying." I watched him laugh a moment, Steven shuffling behind me clearly uncomfortable with everything going on. Just the distraction Harrow needed to pull my hands into his, putting his weird cane into my palms.

"You clearly don't understand boundaries."I hissed through my teeth, my eyes once again radiating orange. Arthur just seemed to be smiling in bewilderment. I didn't like his energy, it didn't feel right. It was like a sickness, I could even feel myself getting woozy.

"Ammit judges all. Sees all." His grip tightened as my gaze moved to his forearm, what I just thought was a tattoo becoming animated. I immediately pulled away, using some energy to push him a step back as I swayed back into Steven, his arms moving to steady me as I fought the urge to throw up.