Chapter 4

Being back in my flat to freshen up was a great feeling, I managed a quick shower, got dirt and blood out my hair and allowed myself a moment to relax before I headed back to find Marc. I packed my suit in my bag along with some other pieces, it was specially made – got some genius to play around with my DNA. It's nothing fancy, mainly black with some deep orange panels. I usually wear a jacket as it's not really warm. It does deflect bullets though and it does wonders for my figure.

I pulled my hair up into a pony tail, my curtain bangs falling across my face. I had some dark circles under my eyes but with my adventures the past few days it wasn't surprising.

It didn't take long to get to Stevens place... Marc's... their place, weirdly we didn't actually live that far apart. Small world. I walked in to see him packing a bag, Khonshu towering over him.

"Oh look, the bug is back."

I rolled my eyes, kicking the door shut with my boot as I walked up to him. My head tilting back.

"Okay look here bird. I've been helping save your avatars life. What have you been doing accept hovering around him shouting orders?" My eyes flickered between orange and blue as I contained my frustration.

"It's not worth it Rena." Marc spoke from behind me, my hands clenching into fists. Just because the guy is a god, it doesn't mean I won't blast the asshole through the wall.

"Where to?" I asked, narrowing my eyes at Khonshu one last time before I faced Marc. This is probably the longest I've spoken to the guy. Marc I mean, not the tall and scrawny bird man.

"Cairo. Harrow will be looking for Ammits tomb."

Of course he is. I kept my bag on my shoulder, observing Marc. He was so different to Steven, Marc had a different energy yes but his drive was also stronger, he had more confidence and he knew what needed to be done.

"Steven?" I called out, looking at the mirror. "Are you okay?"

Marc gazed at me as Steven came into view. He looked scared, I didn't like to see him this way.

"He won't give the body back to me..."

"I guessed as much... We will figure this out okay? Marc might be better to handle some of this for a while. I don't want you to get hurt."

"You know we share the same body right?" Marc spoke as he stood beside me, it was weird hearing an American accent come out his mouth.

"No shit Sherlock." I gave him a small smile. "This sharing the body thing is up to you guys but you're going to have to work together. You might be the muscle Marc but Steven has the brains." I gave Steven a wink and he smiled the smile that made him handsome, my heart fluttering.

"Marc it's time."

He nodded and I looked at him. "I'm going to help you with this the best I can. Steven let me help, will you?"

Marc and I faced each other, our eyes locking.

"Alright you two... get a room." Steven muttered, a hint of jealousy in his voice. I scoffed, my boots squeaking as I turned to the door.

"Let's go."

****

Cairo was quite impressive. Absolutely boiling but beautiful. I wish I had more time to appreciate it but I was currently running after to Marc who was running after a group of young men across the top of buildings. In broad daylight, guess crime around here doesn't wait for the cover of night.