chapter 3: The aftermath

Chapter 3: Brent Rivera POV

I awoke suddenly because I felt something move. My eyes shot open and to my relief it was just Pierson, laying across from me. My hand that was resting on her shoulder last night has now slid down to her stomach. Oh no. Last night. That definitely did not go as planned , but at least we sort of made up in the end or I hope we did. I look over and see Pierson still moving around, she must be having a nightmare. I slowly rub my hand up and down her back and move closer to her. I go to rub her neck and softly play with her hair, because I know she likes that. As start playing with her hair, she lightly touches and holds my hand, it startles me at first but then makes me smile. Pierson slowly stopped moving and relaxed, still with her hand on mine. I can tell she is almost awake, so I whisper "good morning, Pier", she smiles and wakes up still half asleep. I check the time and it's only 5 am. When I turn back to her, she rolls over and presses her back against my stomach, still holding one of my arms. Without hesitation I wrap both of my arms around her and cuddle in. Eventually we both fall asleep together.

This was until I heard whispering and clicking from a phone camera. I open my eyes to see the squad crowed around me and Pierson, and that's when it hits me. We are still cuddling. They notice I am awake and run out of the room "Hey! Hey! Come back here you guys!" I yell stupidly forgetting Pierson is still sleeping, or was sleeping. "Good morning" Pierson saids back as she rolls over to look at me. "The squad was taking pictures of us" I say to her "oh". Pierson sounds disappointed, but not by them taking pictures but by my reaction to it. Why do I keep doing this? As I snap back into reality, I feel the weight of the bed get lighter, Pierson got up to get ready. I'm so stupid. By the time me and Pierson are ready and coming downstairs for breakfast, everyone is already dressed and eating. They watch us as we walk downstairs, "how was your sleep, love birds?" Jeremy asks sarcastically, "it was great actually" Pierson and I accidentally say at the same time "OOOOOO" everyone mumbles in curiosity. "Guys quit it" I say immediately regretting it, but when I look over Pierson isn't sad but looks pleased that I said that.

We all finished breakfast and we were relaxing on the couches when, Lexi R and Ben stand up as if they are going to announce something. "Hey everyone, can I get your attention" Ben yells "Lexi and I have an idea". Everyone looks around in confusion and some look directly at me. "So we all called you guys to stay over because we knew we needed wide awake, unoccupied people to talk to about this" Lexi Rivera saids "Correct, so we think because Covid is more chill now, that we should all go on a big trip together!" Ben saids with excitement "Sooooo we were wondering what you guys thought of that, we think somewhere in Europe perhaps?" Lexi R states. Everyone is shocked but obviously excited "I love that!" Pierson exclaims. "I love that too, we could maybe go back to the places we went to on our other Europe trip" I say in response, agreeing with Pierson. I look over at her and see her smiling at me, and the second she sees me looking, she looks away. We still aren't back to normal and that's understandable. "I like that" Ben and Lexi R. say at the same time. "What's up with you two?" Andrew asks Ben and Lexi R. "What do you mean?" Lexi asks back "We'll you guys seem extra close to each other lately, and coming up with a trip plan?". "Ok, well..." Lexi stutters, "If you really must know Andrew, Me and Hannah have been having some struggles right now and Lexi saw and asked,. Through that we got an idea to go on a trip." Ben interrupts seriously. "Oh, sorry" Andrew apologizes, "It's ok, we are probably going to break up right before she heads to Canada for a long photo shoot" Ben replies "and that's why going on this trip will make Ben happier along with everyone else" Lexi states, try to sympathize for Ben.

"I love it, we should start planning!" I say trying to get over the depressing topic, "First things first is location or locations and time" Lexi R. Responds. "How about all around Italy, like last time. Plus some didn't come, so it'll be new to them!" I suggest. "I love it" Lexi R. Says, and everyone agrees.

Throughout the next few weeks we plan some stuff and wait for a final approval.

Lance shows up one day at the group home, where everyone is. Pierson and I had just had an argument.

Flashback...

"Hey Brent" Pierson saids as she walks into my room as I was folding laundry. "Hey Pier" I respond back and turn around to see her. She closes the door "why are you closing the door, don't we have to film?" I ask, "Yes, but before that I wanted to talk to you" Pierson stated as she sat down on her side of the bed. No, on just the bed. "Oh, ok. About what" I ask as I sit down beside her. "I... I wanted to ask about if you had made up your mind yet. That night of the sleepover, it sucked but I liked the ending of it and morning after." Pierson saids as she looks at me directly in the eye. "I'm sorry, I like you. I do, but..." I pause before I finish, regretting what I just said. I look over and see the hurt on her face. "Brent..." she stops and starts crying "I'm sorry, that's not what I meant." I sit closer to her and hug her. "No, stop you can't just say something like that and go and hug me!" Pierson yells. I'm looking at her hurt face and all I want to do is kiss her. I know I shouldn't, but I did. I leaned and kissed her, pushing her to lay on the bed with me laying on top of her. She doesn't fight it and kisses me back but suddenly she stops and pushes me. "BRENT" "STOP THAT, MAKE YOUR MIND" she yells bawling her eyes out at this point. "Pier, I really do mean it, I really like you. But.."

1125 Words
TO BE CONTINUED