Chapter 4

Chapter 4: Straightforward Intentions and Clean Actions (1)

The marriage between Lisa and Jungkook was thus settled. After the birthday party, she never saw him again. As the CEO of EV Architect company, he was very busy during weekdays. However, despite this, he still gave her the betrothal gift, fixed the date of marriage, and asked the assistant to inform her to try on the wedding dress.

The location of the wedding dress to be tested was at a certain high-end, custom wedding dress studio, whose name Lisa had only seen in magazines before. This made Lisa a little excited. Maybe this wedding dress would be the most beautiful and expensive dress she had ever worn in her life.

On the day of the wedding dress trial, Lisa had her best friend Rose accompany her. Rose was originally unconvinced about her marriage, and it wasn’t until they arrived at the wedding studio that she was completely convinced.

“What did you say your fiancé’s name was?” Rose asked.

“Jeon Jungkook.” Lisa replied.

After Lisa was taken to the dressing room by the stylist and makeup artist, Rose sat on the sofa in the lounge outside and could not wait to grab her phone and start searching for any relevant information about Jungkook. After the search, Rose opened her eyes wide and gasped.

Jeon Jungkook, the heir of the He Group. After graduating from MIT School of Architecture and Planning with a Master’s degree in Architecture two years ago, he returned to his home country and, instead of inheriting the family business from the Jeon Group, he founded EV Architectural, which was currently the top architecture firm in the country.

EV Architectural was one of the leading architectural design firms in China, with branches in several major cities in the country and even abroad. The Jeon Group was a high-end real estate, hotel, and tourism development company. EV Architectural Firm was not only responsible for the architectural design and planning of the Jeon Group, but also provided public buildings and private residential design services. It was quite famous in China and even abroad.

The iconic building “Lonely Time” rebuilt in Xia City in recent years was the work of EV architectural firm, which had won numerous awards after its successful construction and added a lot of reputation to the company. Most people who knew the EV Architectural Firm also knew about this building.

After becoming famous, it was only natural that people would ask them to help design their private houses. However, when the company accepted an order, the client had to comply with their requirements, which gave the company an additional layer of mystery and made it a popular choice for people.

However, EV’s CEO, Jeon Jungkook, not only had superb management skills that brought EV to prominence, but was also one of EV’s best architects.

What’s this? This should be a realistic version of Cinderella and the Prince!

Rose was thrilled that she had come across a fairy tale in reality, and also excited that the heroine of the fairy tale was her best friend. She was very happy that Lisa’s miserable and bitter days had finally come to an end.

Lisa had to put on makeup, style her hair, plus try on clothes, which took a bit of time. After waiting for half an hour, Rose went out for a trip to the bathroom.

Before entering the bathroom, Rose heard a burst of water inside, accompanied by two people talking.

“So envious of her, married to Xia City’s one of the famous bachelors, rich and handsome. A dream fantasy that became a reality.”

“You’re still too young for that, where’s the good in that?”

“Huh? Sister Abby, what do you mean?”

“I was listening to the client I have at hand today, don’t you tell anyone else, eh?”

“I understand, I understand. Please speak quickly.”

“This bride, ah, is the eldest daughter of Su Gongcheng, the boss of Shunzi Group. Her mother died early and her father remarried. Since she was a kid, her father has never loved her. Mr. Jeon and her marriage were arranged at the birthday party of the bride’s sister. In fact, at the beginning, Su Gongcheng wanted to match Mr. Jeon and the bride’s younger sister. However, Mr. Jeon wanted to marry the eldest daughter. The bride agreed, and it made the Su family feel offended. There seems to be a grudge between the Heshuncheng Group and the Jeon Group. Su Gongcheng originally wanted to marry his second daughter to Mr. Jeon in order to erase the grudge. However, it seems that the feud in those days involved Mr. Jeon’s grandfather, Mr. Jeon Lao. If he really agreed to wipe it out, it would have been impossible not to give Su Gongcheng some face at that time.”

“Huh? In that case, the bride must be a bit miserable. Mr. Jeon will probably feel estranged from the Su family and will be on guard against her as well. Maybe after their marriage she’ll be stuck between a rock and a hard place.”

Standing in the doorway, Rose felt as if a basin of cold water had been poured over her head, and she turned around and walked back towards the lounge.

Lisa’s wedding dress design was luxurious and complex. Just now, she heard the stylist say that the wedding dress she was wearing was made by hand after she went to Paris and asked the designer to design it urgently. The sparkling jewels on the surface were real and valuable. The Jeon Family deserved to be one of the four giants just by spending so much money on the dress.

But this wedding dress could not be sold later, even if it was worn only once. Lisa felt it was a pity.

After changing the wedding dress, Lisa came out to look for Rose to show her. Outside the dressing room, the lounge was empty. She was about to call her on her cell phone when she saw Rose push the door and come in.

“Where have you been?”