Chapter 17

Chapter 17: Word To The Wise (3)

“What time will you be off tomorrow?”

Thinking about the last bar episode and the fact that she didn’t get back until after nine this evening, Lisa felt that he might have misunderstood her work. She hurried to explain herself. “The TV station was off at five-thirty, and I got back a little late today because there was a dinner party.”

“Mmm.” Jungkook replied with a deep voice. “My mother wants us to go to her house for dinner tomorrow. We can go together after work.”

It had also been a long time since Lisa had seen Miao Hualing since she had last called her mother. It was because of Miao Hualing’s character that her mother-in-law felt affectionate towards her, even though she didn’t approve of her marriage with Jungkook.

“Alright.” Lisa agreed.

Living together, eating together, making love together, and visiting his mother’s house together. That was her and Jungkook’s married life. Actually, two people didn’t have to be in love to marry, they just needed to get along well.

Miao Hualing was very happy about their arrival. After marrying her second husband, she bought a house near the school. The house had three bedrooms and two living rooms. It wasn’t very large, but it was perfectly laid out and homely.

To welcome the couple, Miao Hualing readily prepared a lot of food for dinner. As a good daughter-in-law, Lisa naturally went to help in the kitchen, though she didn’t know how to help at all.

Seeing her standing there in the kitchen at a loss for words, Miao Hualing just smiled at her. “You pick the celery for me. You just need to remove the leaves.”

“Oh, great.” Lisa answered and took a handful of celery to start picking it.

When she was in the Su family, Song Yi Hyun wouldn’t let her into the kitchen. Sometimes, when she missed meals, she just made instant noodles. Lisa didn’t know anything about cooking.

Luckily, Miao Hualing was gentle enough and, although Lisa was still a bit nervous, she quickly got her hands on it.

There were only two women in the kitchen. Miao Hualing watched Lisa as she lowered her head to pick vegetables. Even though she had seen many beautiful women in the media department, Miao Hualing still thought that Lisa was more beautiful than others.

She had white skin, a typical goose-egg face, a delicate nose and a small mouth, with clear, dark brown eyes. She possessed a kind of innocence that was unique to young girls, which, combined with her good looks, made her out of character. Lisa had a kind of fairy-like charm in her.

Miao Hualing thought of the last time the two of them met, then she looked at how Lisa and Jungkook were getting along now. Although both of them were polite to each other, there was no conflict between them.

Jungkook was different from his father after all, and Lisa was different from her. It was not a bad thing for two people to be together like this.

But when the Jeon Family’s feud with Su Gongcheng had been a thorn in their sides, she couldn’t tell what was in her son’s mind.

Miao Hualing sighed softly and Lisa heard it, looking up and asking, “Is this a bad pick?”

Looking at the celery in her hand, Miao Hualing smiled and said, “It’s quite good.”

After receiving the compliment from the teacher, Lisa smiled happily.

Miao Hualing took the celery in her hand, put it in the sink and rinsed it twice. “You are in your senior year, where are you interning now?”

The broadcasting and hosting major did not take any classes in their senior year, because all of them were scheduled for internships.

“At Xia City Broadcasting Station.” Lisa replied.

“That’s pretty good.” According to Lisa’s grades, she did get an internship with the TV station. Miao Hualing then said, “When you graduate in the future, basically you can still remain in the TV station.”

Lisa naturally wanted to stay, but she turned her thoughts around and thought about what had happened during the gathering yesterday. Lisa said, “But I may not be able to stay. Another classmate is interning with me, but the station has set a target to recruit only one host next year.”

“Just…” said Lisa after a hesitation, “Isn’t it just about getting married? Maybe they feel that my competitiveness is losing out.”

When she said that, Miao Hualing also nodded her head. The requirements for married women in the workplace were relatively harsh. She pondered for a long time and said, “Then, how about this? I’ll write a letter of recommendation to the TV station next week.”

At the sound of Mu Hualing’s words, Lisa couldn’t believe her ears. Thinking about yesterday’s Tzulu, it was really unpredictable. She wouldn’t have the slightest idea that she had a good mother-in-law who was a professor in the media department.

In the final analysis, her marriage was indeed a good choice.

“Thank you, mother.” Lisa sweetly said her thanks, happy.

Just as she was feeling happy, there was a sudden sound of an open door outside. As the door opened, a delicate female voice came in.

“Ehh, where’s my sister-in-law?”