Chapter 19

Chapter 19: Don’t be afraid (2)

“No, your brother is too busy.”

The Old Master of the Jeon Family recently fell ill, so the burden of the Jeon Group now rested on Jungkook’s shoulders. She had to call him several times to bring Lisa to dinner. He said he was traveling abroad, which showed how busy he was.

Hearing her mom say that, even Somi didn’t dare make a scene. There was just a bit of regret and loss on her face. Jungkook poured her a glass of water and smiled. “I’m not busy this weekend, we can go together.”

The little girl’s eyes instantly widened in delight. “Great!”

Seeing her daughter so happy, Miao Hualing also smiled involuntarily. She turned her head to see Lisa also smiling along with Somi at her side.

She was sitting between the brother and sister with her eyes looking at Somi. She seemed sincerely happy for the latter. This made Miao Hualing somewhat heartbroken.

After learning that Lisa and Jungkook were married, she would occasionally hear people talking about Lisa. She didn’t have a good life in the Manoban family. Her mother died in a car accident when she was just born and, because of her mother, Manoban Gongcheng didn’t pay any attention to her. The Manoban family didn’t treat her like family at all. She might never have experienced the warmth of a family.

“Lisa.” Miao Hualing called out to Lisa  and said, “You go with them too.”

“Ah?” Lisa snapped back, then she glanced at Miao Hualing and noticed that everyone was looking at her, she hurriedly said, “I’ll pass, I don’t know how to ride a horse.”

Somi was very pleased with this proposal. She smilingly pulled Lisa and said, “You can learn if you don’t know how to ride! Let me teach you, let’s go together!”

To be honest, Lisa was afraid of riding horses. Also, she had to go to the pottery house to work on weekends. With Somi and Miao Hualing encouraging her, Lisa was having a hard time refusing. She glanced at Jungkook and wrinkled her brows as if saying: “stop them!”

Jungkook noticed her sight and looked back at her. His woman’s brown eyes were looking for help. But Jungkook titled his lips slightly and said, “Let’s go together.”

Lisa: “…”

Lisa stood in Guan Lin’s office, feeling like every dart the boss shot was on her body. She was going to follow Jungkook and Somi on their horse riding tomorrow, so she had to take the day off again.

“Pa!” With a throw, the dart in his hand hit the bull’s-eye, and Guan Lin was in a good mood. All the darts in his hand were shot out. Guan Lin looked back and thought that there was someone else in his office.

He narrowed his eyes at the girl and stood up from the boss chair, the girl’s gaze rose with it, and Guan Lin pulled a long tone as he held the dart on the target.

“I said Lisa…”

Lisa felt a tingle sensation at her back and she didn’t wait for Guan Lin to say anything further. She hurriedly said, “There are many things at home after marriage, and my husband is busy. But I promise, I really won’t take any random days off in the future.”

When she finished speaking, Guan Lin did not speak again after about half a minute. Lisa thought that he was angry when she interrupted him. She looked up at him cautiously, but she saw Guan Lin looking at her with emotions that she could not understand.