Chapter 8

Chapter 8: Wedding Night (2)

“We won’t have children for the time being.”

Hearing her son’s words, Miao Hualing propped her hands on her desk, and after a while, she sighed and said, “Jungkook, this is too cruel.”

When Lisa returned from the bathroom, she didn’t know if Jungkook had anything else to say to his mother, so she didn’t rush. She called the pottery house for a leave of absence and then stood in the corridor in front of the office, waiting for him.

The corridor was no better than inside the office. The cold November breeze swept through her and, in no time, Lisa was frozen through.

At least Jungkook didn’t make her wait too long. Not long after, the office door opened and the man walked out from inside.

Once he came out, Lisa looked up at him. She wore a gray coat with a button down sheepskin and her brown eyes were so clear that she looked childish. She looked at him with a smile and shrugged her shoulders slightly, like a hamster warming itself.

Jungkook greeted her with a smile, lowered his eyes to look at her and asked, “Is it cold?”

She shook her head and smiled, “it’s okay.”

Jungkook also gave a smile and, as he turned around and prepared to leave, he glanced sideways at the girl beside him. His eyes twitched slightly. He stopped in his tracks, took off the coat on his body, and draped it over her shoulders.

The sudden warmth made Lisa’s heart flutter. The coat over her body transmitted the man’s heat and carried a light fragrance of tequila. It smelled so good that it made her body warmer.

When she returned to her senses, the man’s lips were slightly raised and his voice was gentle.

“Let’s go, I’ll take you back.”

As expected, he was a dignified man. Even if he didn’t know or love her, he was still courteous.

After they parted ways, Lida met Jungkook once again at their wedding. It was held at the Shili International Hotel that belonged to the Jeon Group. She held her father’s arm and waited for the door of the wedding banquet hall to open. The red carpet spread out, and the man stood at the end of the red carpet and looked back.

He was the most outstanding groom she had ever seen in the world. When the host asked her if she would marry him, she smiled and nodded.

The host told the groom that he could kiss the bride. He Yu lowered his head and kissed her. As their lips touched, the stage erupted with applause.

After the kiss, Lisa lowered her head and slightly pursed her lips. When she bowed her head, Jungkook lowered his eyes and asked gently in her ear. His voice was deep. “Don’t you like it?”

Lisa raised her head and looked into his deep eyes. She laughed, shook her head, and said honestly, “No, it’s just that I just learned that kissing felt like this.”

Jungkook steadily looked at her and withdrew his sight.

The wedding was a tedious and boring affair. After the ceremony, she and Jungkook went to toast people together. It was less like a wedding party and more like a business banquet. On her side were the executives of the Heshuncheng Group and on Jungkook’s side were the executives of Jeon Group. Also, Jungkook had a few friends from several firms, but she only had Rose here.

After the two finished drinking, the wedding was over. Lisa and Jungkook got into the car together. Their honeymoon was located in the south side of Xia City, along the coast of the southern district. At this time, the sea lighthouse was flickering, the night scene was very beautiful, and they could hear the roar of cruise ships.