Chapter eleven- Charlie

"Can we watch Pitch perfect next?" Scarlet said. Courtney and I both groaned "Please"

"But we watch it every time" Courtney said moaning

"Exactly, its tradition" Scarlett said holding up the dvd

"Tradition?" I asked cocking my eyebrow

"Okay were watching it" Scarlet said jumping up and putting it into my Dvd player

"We never agreed on that" I said

"Cant we watch something else?" Courtney said

"Nope" she said popping the p

We spent the whole afternoon and evening watching movies. Nolan went out with some friends for the first time since Esme was born, leaving the three of us with Esme. It was 12:30 and I had just got into bed. Scarlet was staying in the spare room for the night and Nolan was still not back.

"Carmel" A small voice said. Courntey was standing at my door

"Yeah?" She came and crawled into my bed

"When will you make me go home?" She said tears in her eyes

"Not until you want to" I said stroking her hair out of her face

"Nolan just called" she said "hes drunk, very drunk"

"OH no"

"HE wants to drive home and I told him to stay still as you or Scarlett are going to go get him hes at the Berry Bar in town" She said getting off my bed "I can go ask Scarlett to get him if you want

"No I will, thanks for telling. Keep an eye on Esme for me" I said getting out of bed and pulling a hoodie over my head and some tracksuit bottoms. I grabbed my car keys and headed out the door and got into my car.

I drove down the street and turned onto the main road that led into town. The traffic lights went red and I sat in the car staring at the newly laid flowers on the edge of the road. A stone memorial stood with the name Charlie Edge engraved into. A son, brother and best friend, you will always be in our heart. It was here it happened three years ago. I remember it so clearly the car pulling out in front of us, a drunk driving it. Charlie had tried to stop but it was to late. I pressed my finger to the scar on my forehead from when I hit the window. A tear fell down my cheek. A car horn brought me out of my thoughts and I noticed the lights had gone green.

I drove through and stopped out side the Berry Bar texting Nolan to tell him I was outside. Him and his friends pilled into my car, there wad Nolan his brother Nash and two other friends I didn't know very well. They were all drunk out of there minds apart from Nash who was sitting next to me in the passenger seat again. I made sure to go home a different way. I didn't know where Nolans friends live so I decided they could sleep on our sofa aslong as they didn't wake Esme up.

I unlocked the door and Nash helped the three of them in. Nolans two friends who I think were called Adam and Oli grabbed the two sofas and laid down on them. Nolan stumbled up the stairs. I walked into the kitchen, Nash following me. I grabbed three cups and filled them up with water and opened the medicine cabinet pulling out three tablets for the boys to take when they woke up as I know they would have a killer head ache.

"Bad night?" I looked up forgetting Nash was in here. I noded and leant on the counter. "You drove past it didn't you?" He pulled me into a hug

"I just miss him so much" I murmerd into his shirt. I had known Nash as long as I had known Nolan and we had all been best of friends. Nash had been the only other one in the car[apart from me] when my brother died. He was in the back and hadn't had such a bad hit as Charlie or I. I was in a coma for three weeks and when I woke Charlie was gone,DEAD.

"It will be alright, get some rest" I nodded picking up the three glasses and tablets. I placed two of them on the coffee table for Adam and Oli and took one upstairs for Nolan. After I laid them on Nolans bedside table Esme started to cry, just perfect.

"I will get her" Nash said walking past the open door I murmered a thanks before burying myself in my covers and crying myself to sleep.

Authors note

Now I need to apologise for my lack of updates but if you havnt read my new story then you wouldn't know that I have actually broken my laptop and it was sent off for five weeks to get mended. So im back and ready to write.