Y

"Princess Y/N," You whip your head to the hallway. A guard bows as he makes his way toward you. "Your father wants me to escort you to his study hall."

You furrow your brows in confusion. Your father wants to speak to you, but about what?

You quietly follow the guard and while you were following him you can sense the strange energy in the hallway. The unsettling feeling of hidden secrets was concerning you and you don't know whether it was a good sign or not.

The King, your Father, never seem to speak much to you unless it was about important matters.

What could it be?

"Your Majesty, the Princess is here."

As you enter the King's quiet workroom filled with scrolls and books of reports, you notice the map in the center of the room, displayed on a table. It was always something your father would play with or touch on everyday occasions because he was the type to make the first move first in any time of war. There, the chess piece along with the battle map in the room was none other than your father's favorite procession in the study hall.

Having its name be the study hall, the King is often alone on this side of the palace to focus on his Kingdom works.

"Close the door on your way in," said your Father. He was seated behind his desk, writing whatever it was that needed to be done for the people.

"Yes, Father? You asked for me."

Your Father turns his head to face you. The look in his eyes is dark with many questions and you look back down to your feet afraid of offending him.

The King, "I've heard from someone that you and Prince Han were meeting up in secrets lately. Tell me, how long has it been going on?"

You froze at the mention of Jisung. Has there been somebody who spotted them?

You've only snuck out to meet Jisung at the markets or the city alley to hang out whether it was to celebrate your birthday or his before big events come in the way, however, you've never really expected somebody to catch you no at home.

Then again it's been a year since you've last seen Jisung. He's been very busy lately preparing for his coronation that the only thing going back and forth between the two of you were small letters, containing nothing but friendly words of exchanges.

"Pardon, Father..." Your voice trails off as you begin to think of an excuse but of course you were not an excellent liar as Jisung was. Your Father, the King, can easily tell when you were lying to him so it's best to not hide anything.

But this is about Jisung and you. You can't let him know about it, Y/N.

You mentally groan.

Your Father sighs, "My Dear Princess, you know I only have you in this Kingdom. I do not mind you befriending anybody beyond the other Kingdoms but why Prince Han, of all Prince out there? Have you not forgotten what they've done to us? They've given us threats of stealing our Kingdom and expanding their land to ours. They even planned to take you if they must have to, to persuade me to surrender. Are you not afraid of death?"

You let your mind process his words thoroughly and you panic.

The Han Kingdom had threatened your father by using you, once? How can they possibly think of threatening your Kingdom with such a tactic when you and Jisung are close friends?

It's been many years since you and Jisung have seen each other and again you were sure the two of you are still close, at least you had hoped so.

Jisung would never hurt you, would he?