Prologue: Wedding Dress

The silver linings of the end of the white dress kiss the marble floor, flowing softly against the beam reflected underneath your feet as the jewels around your waist compliment your waistline. You turn around over and over as you try on different wedding dresses.

Hoping to find the perfect dream dress for your special day, you only pray that there is and will be something waiting for you beyond the boxes filled with beautiful wedding gowns of all sorts.

Everything about the gown you're trying on makes you feel attached to it. The sudden urge to say yes to it was tempting however you knew there must be something better out there. You smile to yourself one last time as you decided to set this one aside for later. You might change your mind, who knows.

"You look beautiful," a voice breaks through your train of thoughts and you quickly whip your head to the visitor of your dressing room. The maids quickly bow to your Fiance as soon as he arrives.

A smile paints your lips as you hurry to his side. You give him a little twirl and the young man can only chuckle softly at the sight in front of him, which is you.

"Why thank you. At least that assures me that maybe this dress could be the one."

Han Jisung, the Prince of your parent's Rival Kingdom, was your childhood lover, to who you eventually grew attached. Together the two of you have decided to approach your parents with the idea of a marriage treaty in hopes to achieve peace between the two kingdoms.

No doubt the two of you were excited to be wedded. The wedding is only in two weeks yet it feels so long.

"Will you do the honor to allow me to have a small dance with you?" You giggle at his words, Jisung raises an eyebrow in amusement. He lends out a hand to you in a playful manner.

"Why yes, of course," Then you take his hand with yours, interlacing your fingers together, and Jisung smiles from ear to ear.

The two of you danced slowly with the maids' eyes on the two of your figures. Gracefully dancing in the center of the big dressing room, you twirl lightly under Jisung's arm as he watches you in awe.

Those beautiful eyes of his, you can't look away from them.

They're always so bright so beautiful and so full of love.

You don't ever want to look away from them and you don't ever wish to lose their spark in them.

As soon as you guys were done dancing in both of your own little worlds, the maid silently giggles to one another at the love you two share, "Princess, you must choose a dress."

You nodded and Jisung lean into your ears, "I like this one."

You look back at him with one eyebrow-raising, "Why?"

Jisung hugs you from behind, "Because while dancing I realize you look cuter twirling in this dress, and not only that I can do this to you much easier." Then he picks you up bridal style, running around the room and laughing spinning you afterward. The maids all watch in awe and adoration as you blush. Prince Jisung was shameless, how are you going to face the rest of the Kingdoms with him by your side so shamelessly like this?

"You're so shameless, Jisung."

Jisung pouts, "Do you not like me showing my love for you out in public like this?"

You shake your head, "I mean not really but---"

"But?" Jisung blinked at your words then he turns his attention to the other watchful eyes in the dressing room. Which they all look away in embarrassment. Jisung smirks, "I see no problem loving you like this."

You smile at him. That's right, it shouldn't matter how he expresses his love for you. As long as he loves you then that's all that you care about because that's just how much Jisung loves you and you love it all.

To Jisung, you were his everything. There was nothing better in his world than you. He would never let anybody replace you, or try to at least, because to him you were more than a fine jewel that any royals would persist to claim.

You were the lady he grew up with that eventually drives him to become more aware of his surroundings. Because you guys were born to be enemies and rivals, he was more than determined to make everything work for the two of you.

That's why the moment Jisung knew marriage could possibly fix everything, he took the chance to make you his bride. Thankfully you feel the same way and accepted his feelings, making both yours mutual.

"Your Highness, I believe the carriage is ready for you," The Prince's personal guard came in and greet the two of you and you look back at Jisung. Prince Jisung nodded.

"You're leaving already? Why not stay until dinner?" You insist but Jisung only smiles sheepishly.

Jisung takes your hand and squeezes it before kissing the back of it with his eyes in contact with yours, making you blush. He always loved the effect he has on you. He knows how nervous and red you can get whenever her do little simple things like this and as long as you continue to give him a decent reaction to his effect, he will continue to tease you with it.

"Father sent me a message telling me I must return to prepare for the wedding. I must prepare my side of the gifts for the marriage treaties, you know?" You nodded in understanding.

You know the details of this marriage yet you wish both of your parents will not make it any harder than it already is. They can be demanding sometimes, especially on those who were not their favorite kind of people in the first place, the Hans.

Your Fiance remains to stare into your eyes and tilts his head to get a closer look at your face. You furrow your brows at his action. The corner of his lips curves again, this time mischievous.

"I'll sneak my way back, no worries," Jisung whispers quickly and leaves. Your hand slips out from his touch and you watch as he exits the room, closing the door afterward.

The maids whisper to one another and hurry over to your side again to assist you.

"Princess, shall we continue?"

You look back at them and shake your head, then you look towards the mirror again, "I'll go with this one." They nodded and quickly begin to help you undress.

You wonder how much was Jisung going to bring to appease your parents?