O

Winter arrives quicker than you had thought as the cold breeze kicks its way through the cracks of your chambers each passing day. The seasons were changing so fast that you knew you were getting older as the years goes.

Sitting in the warmth of your residence you sigh in relief at the warm fireplace in the center of your room. You snuggle yourself in layers of blankets as you try not to get a cold during the cold season.

You had just recently finished with your Princess reports and now you are resting from the loads of stress that your mother had pointed upon you.

Being alone in your negative energy slowly took a toll on you and you wish you had friends at times like this.

Sighing to yourself, you close your eyes to get some rest in the warmth of your chamber floors that is until you heard a small knock on your door. You furrow your brows.

Who could it be during this time?

You carefully open the door to a cold evening and a shiver run down your spine as you turn both ways to look for the visitor.

Nobody was in sight. You knit your brows in confusion.

Had you let the Devil in?

Somebody chuckles beside the door. You turn and there he was. The same smile that he wears each visit he makes was visible on his face. Dressed in a dark warm cloak to cover him from the cold, you can see his royal red robe underneath his winter cloak. The soft white fur of his dark cloak hangs neatly on his shoulder as his golden headband was no longer on him.

He had no pieces of jewelry which you find to be weird because every time he would come to see you, he will tend to dress up nicely---well despite your first impression of him, of course, since then Prince Jisung had decided to dress more appropriately.

Unknowingly to you, he figures it wasn't the appropriate way to appear in front of you with his clothes half revealing, although there wasn't any skin to show, he still tries to straighten himself up. This eventually gets his guards to tease him nonstop.

"What are you doing here?" You ask him through the cold. Prince Jisung tilts his head with a look of are-you-seriously-asking-me-now look. You sigh, "Nevermind, come inside, or else you might get cold."

It's been four years since you've been friends with the Prince of Han. However, your meetings were often in secret. None were of your plans but the majority of the times were Jisung's, who shows up whenever he likes.

"I was passing by and as soon as I sensed a snowstorm coming, I decided to stop by here to get some rest," the Prince lied.

He had not come to visit the King nor the Queen, neither did he go on a trip before coming to see you but instead he had intended to come to see you before the first snowfall.

It would be ridiculous for any royals to find out about his dedication to travel in secret, but how can he not take the chance to swing by when your Kingdom wasn't that far from his?

By horse, it'll only take about a few short hours, not a whole day. Therefore, if he needs to return, he has no worries.

"You're lying," You said Prince Jisung furrows his brows.

"No, I'm not---"

You cut him off, "I know whether somebody has come to visit my Father or not. Besides, I haven't even heard any news about your arrival either so what makes you think I'll believe you when we both know you've sneaked your way around multiple times without my Father knowing."

Jisung tilts his head and gives you a lazy smile, he had been caught red-handed.

It was true. You had a valid point.