*

A month after the meeting your beloved Prince had with the King, you hadn't got the chance to see him much afterward. The Queen has taken the majority of your time as she had given you studies and amounts of training on how to be a Queen and a proper wife.

Every future ruler must be prepared and understand what it takes to have a spouse to rule along their side, whether they both hold power or not, or the most authorities, they must understand the proper way of ruling alongside another.

You mentally play a game of chess with your mother in the silent hall, where she made you practice the right way of being a Queen mother. You mentally scold yourself as you made a mistake. The Queen sighs, grabbing the teapot away from your hands you slightly pout at her cold demeanor.

"Mother," The Queen directs you a serious look and you sigh.

Your mother places down the teapot and turns to you.

"You know the basics of a game of chess don't you, my dear Princess," said the Queen and you take a longer look at your mother. You never seem to notice the small wrinkles at the corner of her eyes but despite the small creases, you can still see the fair skin of her youth.

They were still there and she still looks as beautiful as ever with her dark long hair that falls to her side. The heavy accessories hang on her head, each time she turns to do something, they will always clink and sparkle when the light reflects on them.

Your Mother looks away to the chessboard beside her, "Capture the royals...my dear you must be prepared for every war that is possible to come. It doesn't matter whether you're married or not but Y/N you must remember to always be careful, you understand me?"

You stare back into the Queen's dull orbs as you wonder to yourself, when has Mother become so worried and dull? Has she not had enough rest from the night before?

You nodded at her words to assure her of your understanding. She smiles and stands up to take out something from her wardrobe. You watch as the Queen comes back with a box in her hands. Curious, you ask, "What's in that?"

She chuckles, a voice that brings comfort to your heart as it reminds you of Jisung's beautiful melody he will hum.

Opening the box, the queen takes out a small red box wrapped in a gold thread. Your heart stops when she reveals what was inside it.

A beautiful jade hairpin, along with a bundle of gold thread you figure was rare to find. You look back at the Queen and she eyed you with a kind smile. She hands the box to you and you take it quietly, yet you were confused.

"What is this? Is this not your important possession, Mother?" The Queen shakes her head. She takes your hand with her warm ones and squeezes them lightly.

You waited for her to speak, "I've only used this thread once in my life and that was to make my wedding dress. This hairpin, however, was something your father made to gift to you during your marriage. The King and I came with the idea that if we have a Prince we will give this to his future wife but if we were to have a Princess one day she will wear this beautiful Jade hairpin that he made."

Confused by the sudden mention of marriage you were a bit unsure of whether the agreement went well or not.

"Your Father adores Prince Hwang very much," said the Queen, and you pause.

The Queen sighs, "But if you insisted on marrying Prince Han then I supposed there's no stopping you. If that is what you want then I'll let it happen." She smiles and you look away to the box in your hand. The gleam of the jade reflects your eye, you look away from the shine and close it.