Chapter 6

-Obi-Wan!!!

He heard Koral's voice calling to him as he slowly came out of his stupor.

-Wake up!" she insisted.

He whimpered and put his hand behind his head.

-Wake up a little faster than that!

He opened his eyes, already exasperated by the person facing him.

-Does a mission with you have to include a time when I'm unconscious?

-I thought that happened to you on every mission, it seems to happen so often.

Obi-Wan sighed as he removed his hand from behind his head. He was fine. His skull hurt a little, but there was no sign of injury.

-Obi-Wan," Anakin called to him. The door to the vault is open.

He and Koral turned to look at the door. It was indeed ajar, but it was hard to see. They went to help the Padawan push it open. They looked on in wonderment... Nothing at all. The window was empty.

Koral's gaze went from the pedestal to Obi-Wan to the pedestal, and suddenly she grabbed Obi-Wan by the sleeve and rushed down the hallway and ordered:

-Stay there Anakin! We're going to get that damn relic!

And they disappeared into the maze of corridors of the tower. Koral threw herself at the door that led to the balcony-park where she had put her ship. But the door refused to open.

Obi-Wan's eyes widened. So they were locked in? How were they going to get the relic if they couldn't get out of the tower. But just as he was panicking, Koral turned around, smiling and looking victorious.

-May I ask what you're smiling about?

-All the openings in the tower must have closed when the safe door was opened. No one's getting out of here, so the thief is still nearby. We just need to find him before the Tondrak government realizes anything.

-And how do we find him?

-We search," she said, before darting for the nearest staircase.

Obi-Wan stopped her immediately and said:

-Let's take the lift instead.

-I may have run into a suspicious-looking person on my way back from my walk," Koral admitted.

-Why didn't you stop him?" asked Obi-Wan in exasperation.

-I trusted you.

He sighed and stepped into the incoming lift. He felt miserable that he hadn't stopped the robbery. It might have been a sad moment if the little lift music wasn't Mexican and happy and Koral wasn't dancing around waving imaginary maracas beside him.

-Sorry," he said a little loudly, as if to remind the girl that this was a tragic moment.

-It's okay to make mistakes, even when you're old.

He turned to her, surprised by her comment. She was staring at him with her big blue eyes and a wide smile.

-I'm not that old," he replied, looking away, offended.

-Compared to me, you are. Didn't you know I was 16?

-Of course I did.

He knew very well how young she was. So much so that, despite being a Jedi Master, he still considered her a child. After a moment's thought, he added:

-I'm just having a hard time realizing that I'm 23, that I'm not a Padawan anymore.

It had all happened so fast. He had become a Jedi Knight without even passing training, after killing a Sith.