Chapter 9

Obi-Wan ended the call, worried about Anakin and Koral

Obi-Wan ended the call, worried about Anakin and Koral. He hurried to gather the things he would need for his mission, while Siri looked on in amusement. Siri finally grabbed his arm and pulled him against her.

-We have to wait until tomorrow to go anyway. Stop worrying, it won't get you anywhere.

-They're going to go even though we told them to wait. You do know that?

-Perfectly, but Koral can manage, can't she?

-I have some doubts about that...

Siri sat down on the ship's sofa and invited Obi-Wan to do the same. She snuggled into his reassuring arms and gave him a long hug. The Jedi held her close, trying to think of something other than Anakin and Koral, and finally did, enjoying Siri's presence.

She finally ended their embrace and looked into Obi-Wan's beautiful green eyes. How could he possibly resist such beauty? Why would he even want to resist so much beauty? Siri was everything he had ever dreamed of. She loved him for who he was and didn't care what the Jedi code forbade them. The thought of Koral crossed his mind at that moment and he seemed to suddenly hesitate. She who had given up her challenge to the code to please Obi-Wan. They had fought together, laughed together, trained Anakin together and they had always followed the code and were now both among the best Jedi in the Order.

This hesitation did not go unnoticed by Siri, who reassuringly asked:

-Obi-Wan, what is your relationship with Koral Nova?

-My relationship with Koral?" he repeated in bewilderment.

This question was rather unwelcome. He had to admit that he had no idea what his relationship with Koral was. To tell the truth, he had never asked himself the question. It was a solid relationship, he knew that she was and would always be there for him and that he could count on her at any moment, as much as she could count on him. It had all come naturally over the years that they had been together, and now Koral's presence by his side was something obvious. Siri arched an eyebrow and he decided to answer.

-She's... My best friend," he hesitated.

-Then it's all right," Siri sighed reassuringly before snuggling into Obi-Wan's arms.

But Obi-Wan couldn't relax and continued to stare unwaveringly ahead. What was his relationship with Koral?

Using the force, Koral opened the trap door hidden among the floorboards. A well-lit staircase led down several metres from their room.

-We'll be noticed straight away if we go down," muttered Anakin.

-No, not if we stay on the stairs.

-What if someone comes up the stairs?

-If someone had come down through our wardrobe, I think we would have noticed. I really don't think anyone's going to come back up that way.

-Let's go then," he said, already entering the secret passage.